Epson 2200, thick paper and OS X

I have a new Epson 2200 that works perfectly except that it doesn't
reliably feed heavy paper like Hahnemuhle German Etching Board.
Apparently Epson designed a direct feed slot for heavier papers, but the
manual and their website both say the feature doesn't work in OS X, just
in Windows. No explanation, no indication that they're working on the
problem. Does anybody have an explanation and/or a workaround? I'm
printing in Photoshop CS, which is designed for OS X, so I can't use OS 9.

Reyn Saunders

I have a 2200 running OS X.3.4 and I use the direct method when using Epson's
velvet Fine art paper without problem

Poobash wrote:

> I have a new Epson 2200 that works perfectly except that it doesn't
> reliably feed heavy paper like Hahnemuhle German Etching Board.
> Apparently Epson designed a direct feed slot for heavier papers, but the
> manual and their website both say the feature doesn't work in OS X, just
> in Windows. No explanation, no indication that they're working on the
> problem. Does anybody have an explanation and/or a workaround? I'm
> printing in Photoshop CS, which is designed for OS X, so I can't use OS 9.
>
> Reyn Saunders

I just tried it and it works fine. I tried following the directions in
the instruction book to choose the "manual feed" option but it doesn't
exist in the driver. The printer seems to detect the paper just fine
anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Reyn