Sony DVD Burner - DRU-500A

I read through all these post and nobody seemed to have a solution for these,
and most were old so I wanted to check and see if anybody had any new
information.

My DVD (Sony DRU-500A) will not work with SP2. It worked the day before I
upgraded. I waited a long time to upgrade because I am always skeptical of
Microsoft's Updates (been in IT for to long I guess).

I have removed it in device manager, had it readd it. In device manager it
shows up and correctly ID's the device as a Sony DRU-500A DVD Burner, it will
read CD's and DVD's but will not burn.

Any suggestions? Or should I just do what I was planning on a unistall SP2?

Check in My Computer, right click the drive, look for the option to enable
burning on the drive.

"Patrick McKenney" <Patrick McKenney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A02A80F9-1BCB-4CDD-B7C4-55E3FE002C04@microsoft.com...