how to extract xp driver o installation disk

Hi, we have a s3 savage4 video card working on windows 2000. Unfortunetly s3
driver for windows 2000/xp isnt very good so we would like to use the driver
that comes with windowsxp installation disk on windows 2000.
My question is, how can i extract that driver from the installation cd? Is
it possible?

Thanks

peter

Go to Control Panel/add&remove
from there remove the S3 driver
when you reboot XP will load its default driver
peter
"John D." <johnd@mycmf.de> wrote in message
> Hi, we have a s3 savage4 video card working on windows 2000. Unfortunetly s3
> driver for windows 2000/xp isnt very good so we would like to use the driver
> that comes with windowsxp installation disk on windows 2000.
> My question is, how can i extract that driver from the installation cd? Is
> it possible?
>
> Thanks

I have never actually tried it, but you should be able to navigate to the
driver, copy it to your hard drive, and then burn it to a CD. Try and find
out.