external monitor with laptop

I am trying to use an external monitor (19") with my laptop. I only want the
19" to be the desktop and the laptop's screen to stay black

Dell2650 inspiron with Windows XP Geforce2 Go video adapter

Thank you

--
Philippe
1 answer Last reply

    Hello Philippe,

    In order to change where your desktop is displayed you have to press FN +
    F8. I believe the first time is set so you see the same thing on both
    displays, pressing it again will only display to the monitor (making the
    laptop blank) and one more time would make the monitor blank and the laptop
    have the picture. You can also change this by right clicking on your
    desktop, going to properties, clicking the Settings tab, and then clicking
    the Advanced button.

    Michael Ortega

    "Philippe" <fleurius@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to use an external monitor (19") with my laptop. I only want
    >the
    > 19" to be the desktop and the laptop's screen to stay black
    >
    > Dell2650 inspiron with Windows XP Geforce2 Go video adapter
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > --
    > Philippe

Laptops External Monitor Windows XP