[va-503+] what "irq steering tab" ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I just finished reading about 100 articles
all saying that the way to enable irq steering
in Windows 98 is

Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> System

then select the Device Manager tab

then highlight PCI Bus under System Devices

the click the Properties button

and then select ***the IRQ Steering tab***

but there isn't any IRQ Steering tab!

How can this be?

Has the IRQ Steering tab been moved?

Doesn't the 503+ support IRQ Steering?

Totally confused.

Thanks.

Bill

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Seems to me that there is a problem with the old award BIOS (ver 4.51
as I recall) and having USB enabled with the MVP3 chipset, Windows is
unable to get the IRQ info (routing table maybe) from the BIOS, thus
IRQ steering does not work. If you disable USB, IRQ steering should
work. My cobwebs are getting thicker these days tho, search google
for "mvp3 chipset irq steering" and see what ya find.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

Kylesb wrote:

> Seems to me that there is a problem with the old award BIOS (ver 4.51
> as I recall) and having USB enabled with the MVP3 chipset, Windows is
> unable to get the IRQ info (routing table maybe) from the BIOS, thus
> IRQ steering does not work. If you disable USB, IRQ steering should
> work. My cobwebs are getting thicker these days tho, search google
> for "mvp3 chipset irq steering" and see what ya find.

Thanks, Kyle, mine too. :)

bill