Wireless Zero Configuration Service not starting up.

When I reboot my computer or turn it on after being turned off, my wireless
zero configuration service has to be started manually by me every time. If I
don't start it, my connection will not work. I do not know what (if any)
service I may have disabled to make this happen. Even if I setup the service
to start up automatically and then apply the change and then reboot, it still
will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

What services Wireless Zero Configuration needs to function properly:

* NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
* Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

check these services and make sure they are running also.

Good luck.

-Sam

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:31:02 -0800, Eddie Martin
<EddieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I reboot my computer or turn it on after being turned off, my wireless
>zero configuration service has to be started manually by me every time. If I
>don't start it, my connection will not work. I do not know what (if any)
>service I may have disabled to make this happen. Even if I setup the service
>to start up automatically and then apply the change and then reboot, it still
>will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
>have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.
>
>Thanks!

I have the same problem. RPC is set to automatically start, don't see where
to set NDIS but I assume it it working since I can connect to the wireless
network. It would be nice if Microsoft would fix this problem so that
Wireless Zero would actually automatically start.

It works on my Dell Notebook automatically, but not on my Compaq desktop in
which I installed a wireless network card manually.

A work around to not having to manually re-start it is to leave the computer
on all the time but set it to system standby and hiberate after so many
hours. Of course it seems whenever you do a critical update, you need to
re-boot the computer.

"hello" wrote:

> What services Wireless Zero Configuration needs to function properly:
>
> * NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
> * Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
>
> check these services and make sure they are running also.
>
> Good luck.
>

> -Sam
>
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:31:02 -0800, Eddie Martin
> <EddieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I reboot my computer or turn it on after being turned off, my wireless
> >zero configuration service has to be started manually by me every time. If I
> >don't start it, my connection will not work. I do not know what (if any)
> >service I may have disabled to make this happen. Even if I setup the service
> >to start up automatically and then apply the change and then reboot, it still
> >will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
> >have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.
> >
> >Thanks!

It works on my Dell notebook but not on my Compaq desktop, it may be a
Microsoft bug. At least I can manually start the service.