Ilink port:- ieee1394

This port does not work on xp even with the new service pack 2. Says device
is working properly in device manager. Trying to use the new sandisk firewire
card reader. any ideas.
thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about ilink port ieee1394

    "wirefire willy" <wirefire willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:09387B54-8AE6-448C-83B5-E4CE9B812B9A@microsoft.com...
    > This port does not work on xp even with the new service pack 2. Says
    > device
    > is working properly in device manager. Trying to use the new sandisk
    > firewire
    > card reader. any ideas.
    > thanks in advance.

    iLink is unpowered - it requires an external power source. For example,
    hooking up a removeable Firewire disk drive requires power from an
    external power adapter. Even a flash disk reader requires power that
    ilink cannot supply.

    wirefire willy wrote:
    > This port does not work on xp even with the new service pack 2. Says device
    > is working properly in device manager. Trying to use the new sandisk firewire
    > card reader. any ideas.
    > thanks in advance.

    I also have posted about not being able to access my external HD with
    sp2 installed but nobody has responded to any of our posts! I'm
    wondering if MS has this figured out or not!?

Windows XP