Windows CD Writing says to insert writable disk

When i copy files to my cdrw and click on the write files to cd link it goes
to the wizard and when i click on next..... it says, there is no disk in the
drive, please insert a writable cd. Well, i have tried about 4 or 5 brand
new imation CD-R disks and it keeps saying the same thing. The light on the
CDRW never even comes on i dont know how the CDRW knows its not a writable
disk if it dosent even spin the disk one time. Is there something i can
check for this? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows writing insert writable disk

    This probably isn't your problem but . . . . .

    Sometimes when I've got a CD-R disk in the drive and I open a program such
    as FileCD which expects a CD-RW disk instead of something like CD_Maker which
    expects a CD-R disk I get exactly the message and behavior you describe.
    Other than the initial spin when the drawer is closed, the disk never spins
    and the message doesn't say to insert a "re-writable" disk.

    "mwilke" wrote:

    > When i copy files to my cdrw and click on the write files to cd link it goes
    > to the wizard and when i click on next..... it says, there is no disk in the
    > drive, please insert a writable cd. Well, i have tried about 4 or 5 brand
    > new imation CD-R disks and it keeps saying the same thing. The light on the
    > CDRW never even comes on i dont know how the CDRW knows its not a writable
    > disk if it dosent even spin the disk one time. Is there something i can
    > check for this? Thanks

Hardware CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP