3COM 3CRWE754G72-A

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
February 27, 2005 2:34:53 AM

I have this wireless router and when I try to transfer a 6GB folder from a
notebook to the desktop it copies ok but during the process it will
disconnect me and say something about the network not found, but when I go
into the notebook through the network neighbour I can access the files ok.

More about : 3com 3crwe754g72

March 15, 2005 3:21:33 AM

"Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have this wireless router and when I try to transfer a 6GB folder from a
>notebook to the desktop it copies ok but during the process it will
>disconnect me and say something about the network not found, but when I go
>into the notebook through the network neighbour I can access the files ok.

I have one too. It's a cráp router as far as wireless is concerned. I have
experienced the above, along with corrupted files transferred wirelessly,
can't reliably handle more than one wireless client at a time, etc. etc.

My first (and last) 3com router.

Anyone got any suggestions for an all-in-one replacement i.e. 802.11g,
router, firewall and ADSL modem in one box? (Not anything by 3com obviously)

TIA

Liam
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:21:34 AM

"Liam" <not@home.now> wrote in message
news:D 15a2b$tn5$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Anyone got any suggestions for an all-in-one replacement i.e. 802.11g,
> router, firewall and ADSL modem in one box? (Not anything by 3com
> obviously)

I'd recommend you stay clear of the router with modem in one box and go for
a router/wireless and seperate modem. Specifically because anything that has
a modem in it will likely not have user flashable firmware.
March 15, 2005 9:42:23 AM

"JoeT" <noway@today> wrote in message

> "Liam" <not@home.now> wrote in message
> news:D 15a2b$tn5$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>

>> Anyone got any suggestions for an all-in-one replacement i.e. 802.11g,
>> router, firewall and ADSL modem in one box? (Not anything by 3com
>> obviously)
>>

> I'd recommend you stay clear of the router with modem in one box and go
> for a router/wireless and seperate modem. Specifically because anything
> that has a modem in it will likely not have user flashable firmware.

The firmware in the router at the subject is 'flashable'.

WRT the original ops comments, I use the same equipment all without
problems. Doesn't help, I know, but balances the comments.
March 15, 2005 4:40:54 PM

"JoeT" <noway@today> wrote in message

> "Liam" <not@home.now> wrote in message
> news:D 15a2b$tn5$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>

>> Anyone got any suggestions for an all-in-one replacement i.e. 802.11g,
>> router, firewall and ADSL modem in one box? (Not anything by 3com
>> obviously)
>>

> I'd recommend you stay clear of the router with modem in one box and go
> for a router/wireless and seperate modem. Specifically because anything
> that has a modem in it will likely not have user flashable firmware.

Yes it does have flashable firmware and I am up to date with mine, version
1.29 installed which as of now is the latest version. To be fair, no doubt a
lot of the problems particularly the poor wireless DHCP implementation could
be
resolved with a future firmware version. It is a case of wait or replace...
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:59:28 PM

"Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> "JoeT" <noway@today> wrote in message
>>
>> "Liam" <not@home.now> wrote in message
>> news:D 15a2b$tn5$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>

>>> Anyone got any suggestions for an all-in-one replacement i.e. 802.11g,
>>> router, firewall and ADSL modem in one box? (Not anything by 3com
>>> obviously)
>>>

>> I'd recommend you stay clear of the router with modem in one box and go
>> for a router/wireless and seperate modem. Specifically because anything
>> that has a modem in it will likely not have user flashable firmware.
>>

> The firmware in the router at the subject is 'flashable'.

You're right it is flashable but he was clearly asking for all in one
replacement box suggestions that are, as you can see, specifically ("Not
anything by 3com obviously") So my reply, by necessity, had nothing to do
with the router in the subject. I simply thought it would be helpful to
point out that many manufacturers of newer combo boxes that contain modems
are moving away from allowing user firmware updates and leaving that up to
the ISP operators. So at the very least keep a sharp eye out on those
details when making a choice.
!