FIC motherboard red light and beeping

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I have a FIC motherboard, that when turned on, a red LED comes on and
then everything shuts down and a beeping noise starts. Any feedback?
I guessed that the CPU fan was not cooling properly, so I bought a
new fan, installed it and now this happens every time you turn it on.
Thanks for any help! Radiorhea

==============
More about motherboard light beeping
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

    Which motherboard, exactly? Any particular pattern to the beeping sound, like "beep beep",
    "beeeeeeeeeeep beep beep", 11 beeps, etc.?

    --Alex

    Radiorhea wrote:

    > I have a FIC motherboard, that when turned on, a red LED comes on and
    > then everything shuts down and a beeping noise starts. Any feedback?
    > I guessed that the CPU fan was not cooling properly, so I bought a
    > new fan, installed it and now this happens every time you turn it on.
    > Thanks for any help! Radiorhea

    > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

FIC Motherboards