Access to the internet thru an ethernet home net

I´ve got a main computer with windows XP-pro, ADSL modem for accessing the
internet. This is protected with Mcafee firewall.
By having another PC with the millenium installed connected up thru a 100
Mbt ethernet this second PC does not recognise the ADSL modem on the other PC
and does not find its way to the internet. The net works fine inbetween both
computers, but the second computer does not get accessibility to the internet.
Is there any key strain on setting up the ethernet properties so that the
second computer may recognise the other`s ADSL modem? Thank in advance

In xp,open control-panel,internet connections,then create a new internet
connection with the wizard,set youre other computer as home network.

pbav wrote:
> I´ve got a main computer with windows XP-pro, ADSL modem for
> accessing the internet. This is protected with Mcafee firewall.
> By having another PC with the millenium installed connected up thru a
> 100
> Mbt ethernet this second PC does not recognise the ADSL modem on the
> other PC and does not find its way to the internet. The net works
> fine inbetween both computers, but the second computer does not get
> accessibility to the internet. Is there any key strain on setting up
> the ethernet properties so that the second computer may recognise the
> other`s ADSL modem? Thank in advance

Interested in setting up one computer as a NAT router? Learning a lot more
about your computer?
Or just want an easy fix that will work?

I choose the second.. Go buy a cheap Cable Modem/DSL Router.. It will come
with 4 to 8 ports for connectivity by wire and for a little more - wireless.
It will give you the IPs you need to share your internet connection with
250+ computers and give you an extra layer of protection from outside
intruders.

--
<- Shenan ->