Another point regarding the AU13 BIOS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Another quirk I found with the motherboard I bought (FIC AU13) was the
propensity for the BIOS to change settings on it's own. Is there anyone
familiar with this board? If so, could you tell me the proper settings for a
XP3200?

I have never seen anything like this, is this normal now with newer boards?
Seems that the purpose of changing settings is to change them, not have them
change at will..

Gerry

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Gerry,

With all the problems you are having (BIOS settings changing on their own,
floppy drive light staying on, blue screen installing WinXP, etc.), it sounds to
me like you simply have a defective motherboard. None of the stuff you describe
is normal. I would just take it back to the store, tell them all the problems
you have with it, and ask to exchange it for another AU13.

Good luck.

--Alex