Is this right on FIC boards?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Ok, disassembled the machine in preparation for the delivery of the
replacement board and noticed that there is a pin missing from the floppy
interface on the board. Is this something new and would that be the reason
the older drives do not work? I looked at my old ABIT BE-6 II board and
there were no missing pins on the floppy interface on that board.

Also I looked at a close-up of the board on various sites and they all show
the pin missing.

Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks once more, I know I've been a pain!

Gerry
gwolf@wi.rr.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

The missing pin is for a "polarizer" insert (a plastic insert stuck in
to the female connector). Your floppy cable may be missing the
polarizer insert, but check out your floppy, there is a pin missing
there. As to the mobo end of the floppy cable, there is typically a
slot in the side of the header connector and a "rib" on the side of
the connector to force the appropriate orientation of the cable. You
may also see the slot in the floppy connector also.

--
Best regards,
Kyle