WinXP won't recognize a SATA drive. Help Please!

I am running WinXP on an IDE HD and an A7N8X-E Motherboard. I've just
installed a SATA drive (already partitioned and formatted) to be used for
data, but XP won't recognize it. During boot the SATA shows up on the
screen as it should, right after the option about a SATA driver for RAID
(I don't have RAID or any RAID drivers). Also, I tried loading Fdisk from
a Win98 boot diskette, and Fdisk sees the SATA drive properly.

In the process of trying "everything," I added added a third HD with
Win98SE on it, booted that, and lo and behold, Win98 *does* recognize the
SATA drive right off the bat, reads the files on it, and sees it as a
normal drive in every way. XP does see the Win98 drive normally, but not
the SATA drive.

Should I just scratch XP and go back to Win98... [lol!]

I'd be very grateful for any suggestion or ides. Thank you!

bar

The RAID driver disk [CDs usually] are supplied with the Mobo if on-board and
with the PCI card if separate. You need to copy the drivers to a floppy in
order to complete a new installation.

If you haven't received the CD then go back to the supplier and ask for them
or get them off the manufacturers web site.

Without the drivers you have no hope of the drive working under XP.