USB Flashdrive and SP2 problems

Since installing SP2 with Windows XP, whenever I plug my external flashdrive
(Trascend JetFlash 2.0) into the USB port, my computer freezes, warns of a
serious error having occured and suggests I may need to go into safe mode.

Does anyone know of a way around this compatability problem?

Thanks
MC

Try updating the chipset (motherboard) drivers and possibly plugging it
in a different port to see if the problem occurs in all USB ports.

-----
Nathan McNulty