Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Window Size

Last response: in Windows 7
February 3, 2011 1:26:50 AM

Hi. I've been on the screen where you can make screens larger from (default) 100% - 200%. Is there a tweak / registry hack to make the windows SMALLER? (less than 100%?)

More about : windows window size

a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2011 6:23:57 AM

There is a setting on the Display menu called "Use custom DPI setting" that will allow you to reduce text size below 100%. Is this what you are looking for?
a c 288 $ Windows 7
February 3, 2011 6:25:30 PM

You can also just check to make sure the resolution you are running is the correct one for your monitor. If you increase the resolution, text/icons will get smaller. Many people run their monitors at less than ideal settings.
Related resources
February 4, 2011 8:39:09 AM

I wasn't looking to decrease the text size, I was looking for the "resolution effect", so to speak. I am use to my 27' iMac at home with the 2500x1900 (rounded) resolution, and I love it.. everything is small and takes no room, I feel like I have room for 10 Safari's. However, because I work with computer for 8-10 hours a day at work, and they run Windows 7 with a fairly low resolution (1366x768), I was wondering if there was a way to decrease the overall Window's sizes without having to manually go to the side of the window and slide it to a smaller box, because that's not the same.. that's just making your viewing point smaller inside the window, I want the entire window to decrease and keep the viewing point (if that makes sense). Thanks for the replies.

Best solution

a c 288 $ Windows 7
February 4, 2011 12:42:44 PM

Look at my post above, set the resolution to the highest your monitor will support. I doubt you can set it anywhere near what your home computer will be at though unless you have a 24" or larger monitor at work.

There is no other way to get more screen space aside from a larger monitor and a higher resolution.
February 5, 2011 7:33:02 AM

Best answer selected by PandaBearz.
!