FIC PA-2013 & ATI RAGE IIC AGP drivers

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I'm installing an ATI RAGE IIC AGP video card into a FIC PA-2013 MB.
I'll be using the RAGE IIC drivers for installation, but do I need
drivers from FIC also? The 4 in 1 drivers? Any help greatly
appreciated. Note: For this installation I do not need a high
performance video card.
Thanks, Gibby
4 answers Last reply
More about 2013 rage drivers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

    You can get the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion) directly from
    VIA at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 . Just choose your
    operating system and then "Platform or Chipset Drivers". You will
    notice that they recommend using the older 4.43 version for the MVP3
    chipset, as newer versions are optimized for more recent chipsets
    (though you can still use the latest version, if you want to).

    --Alex

    Gibby wrote:
    > I'm installing an ATI RAGE IIC AGP video card into a FIC PA-2013 MB.
    > I'll be using the RAGE IIC drivers for installation, but do I need
    > drivers from FIC also? The 4 in 1 drivers? Any help greatly
    > appreciated. Note: For this installation I do not need a high
    > performance video card.
    > Thanks, Gibby

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

    Alex:
    Many thanks for pointing out the new site for 4 in 1 drivers. So,
    then, you're saying that I should use the 4 in 1 drivers along with the
    ALI Rage IIC video drivers? Use both?
    As usual, thanks.
    Gibby
    Alex Zorrilla wrote:
    > You can get the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion) directly
    from
    > VIA at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 . Just choose
    your
    > operating system and then "Platform or Chipset Drivers". You will
    > notice that they recommend using the older 4.43 version for the MVP3
    > chipset, as newer versions are optimized for more recent chipsets
    > (though you can still use the latest version, if you want to).
    >
    > --Alex
    >

    > Gibby wrote:
    > > I'm installing an ATI RAGE IIC AGP video card into a FIC PA-2013
    MB.
    > > I'll be using the RAGE IIC drivers for installation, but do I need
    > > drivers from FIC also? The 4 in 1 drivers? Any help greatly
    > > appreciated. Note: For this installation I do not need a high
    > > performance video card.
    > > Thanks, Gibby

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

    Yes, use both sets of drivers. Install the VIA ones first. Those will
    set up the AGP and IDE drivers, among other things (go ahead and install
    whatever it asks you to). Once you have done that (and rebooted), go
    ahead and install the ATI graphics drivers.

    --Alex

    Gibby wrote:
    > Alex:
    > Many thanks for pointing out the new site for 4 in 1 drivers. So,
    > then, you're saying that I should use the 4 in 1 drivers along with the
    > ALI Rage IIC video drivers? Use both?
    > As usual, thanks.
    > Gibby
    > Alex Zorrilla wrote:
    >
    >>You can get the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion) directly
    >
    > from
    >
    >>VIA at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 . Just choose
    >
    > your
    >
    >>operating system and then "Platform or Chipset Drivers". You will
    >>notice that they recommend using the older 4.43 version for the MVP3
    >>chipset, as newer versions are optimized for more recent chipsets
    >>(though you can still use the latest version, if you want to).
    >>
    >>--Alex
    >>

    >>Gibby wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm installing an ATI RAGE IIC AGP video card into a FIC PA-2013
    >
    > MB.
    >
    >>>I'll be using the RAGE IIC drivers for installation, but do I need
    >>>drivers from FIC also? The 4 in 1 drivers? Any help greatly
    >>>appreciated. Note: For this installation I do not need a high
    >>>performance video card.
    >>>Thanks, Gibby

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

    Alex: Got your post. Many thanks!
    Gibby
    Alex Zorrilla wrote:
    > Yes, use both sets of drivers. Install the VIA ones first. Those
    will
    > set up the AGP and IDE drivers, among other things (go ahead and
    install
    > whatever it asks you to). Once you have done that (and rebooted), go

    > ahead and install the ATI graphics drivers.
    >
    > --Alex
    >

    > Gibby wrote:
    > > Alex:
    > > Many thanks for pointing out the new site for 4 in 1 drivers. So,
    > > then, you're saying that I should use the 4 in 1 drivers along with
    the
    > > ALI Rage IIC video drivers? Use both?
    > > As usual, thanks.
    > > Gibby
    > > Alex Zorrilla wrote:
    > >
    > >>You can get the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion) directly
    > >
    > > from
    > >
    > >>VIA at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 . Just choose
    > >
    > > your
    > >
    > >>operating system and then "Platform or Chipset Drivers". You will
    > >>notice that they recommend using the older 4.43 version for the
    MVP3
    > >>chipset, as newer versions are optimized for more recent chipsets
    > >>(though you can still use the latest version, if you want to).
    > >>
    > >>--Alex

    > > MB.

FIC Drivers Graphics Cards ATI Motherboards