Hooking up 3 ide devices

okay heres the problem... i have on my computer right now, 2 hard
drives, and 2 cd drives, but i want to add a thrid cd drive, but my
problem is that all my ide cables are filled, is there any suggestion
on how i can go about doing this??
Thanks a lot
Eric

--
ACIDdrop166

peter

http://www.verbatim.com.au/products.cfm?productID=KW571A
you'll be looking for something like this.Different companies make these to fit
in your PCI slot.
peter
"ACIDdrop166" <ACIDdrop166.1egf0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> okay heres the problem... i have on my computer right now, 2 hard
> drives, and 2 cd drives, but i want to add a thrid cd drive, but my
> problem is that all my ide cables are filled, is there any suggestion
> on how i can go about doing this??
> Thanks a lot
> Eric
>

> --
> ACIDdrop166

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Buy a controller card and hook the hard drives up to it.

"ACIDdrop166" <ACIDdrop166.1egf0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> okay heres the problem... i have on my computer right now, 2 hard
> drives, and 2 cd drives, but i want to add a thrid cd drive, but my
> problem is that all my ide cables are filled, is there any suggestion
> on how i can go about doing this??
> Thanks a lot
> Eric
>

> --
> ACIDdrop166

You can buy an external box which converets IDE drives into USB, or
Firewire, drives.

Y.

"ACIDdrop166" <ACIDdrop166.1egf0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> okay heres the problem... i have on my computer right now, 2 hard
> drives, and 2 cd drives, but i want to add a thrid cd drive, but my
> problem is that all my ide cables are filled, is there any suggestion
> on how i can go about doing this??
> Thanks a lot
> Eric
>

> --
> ACIDdrop166

You can also buy a PCI card that has IDE and often RAID
connections for internal drives.

| You can buy an external box which converets IDE drives
into USB, or
| Firewire, drives.
|
| Y.
|
| "ACIDdrop166" <ACIDdrop166.1egf0y@pcbanter.net> wrote in
message

| > okay heres the problem... i have on my computer right
now, 2 hard
| > drives, and 2 cd drives, but i want to add a thrid cd
drive, but my
| > problem is that all my ide cables are filled, is there
any suggestion
| > on how i can go about doing this??
| > Thanks a lot
| > Eric
| >

| > --
| > ACIDdrop166

For pci card with 2 IDE controllers (up to 4 additional drives) check out
Promise Ultra 100 TX2 or Ultra 133 TX2. Google search for others.

www.promise.com
available at www.ncix.com

r.