Mame roms to come on Blu-Ray next year? Burners, what say ..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 4, 2005 8:45:38 PM

Sorry if this has been asked..but wouldnt it be great to have your roms on ONE
disc? ALL 26 gigs worth?

In any event, I can see down the line (3-4 yrs) we'll have chds totaling 100
gigs!
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 9:35:44 PM

yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

> Sorry if this has been asked..but wouldnt it be great to have your
> roms on ONE disc? ALL 26 gigs worth?
>
> In any event, I can see down the line (3-4 yrs) we'll have chds
> totaling 100 gigs!

Buy me one of those drives & I might get back into burning again.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 1:19:33 AM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:45:38 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked..but wouldnt it be great to have your roms on ONE
>disc?

I remember when they were
February 5, 2005 1:20:22 AM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:45:38 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked..but wouldnt it be great to have your roms on ONE
>disc? ALL 26 gigs worth?
It would but, the format wars have only just started for DVD: The Next
Generation (tm).

At this point it's hard to say who'll win out.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 4:09:05 AM

Windsong's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Sorry if this has been asked..but wouldnt it be great to have your roms on ONE
> disc? ALL 26 gigs worth?

Uhm, but last count there were closer to 40 gigs. If I remember right,
bluray disks hold like 34 gigs.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 6:27:17 AM

Wavey Dragon <WaveyDragon@dragons.aren't.real.com> wrote in

> At this point it's hard to say who'll win out.

I have a feeling blu-ray... just because computer users will opt for the
format that stores the most data.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
February 5, 2005 7:11:26 AM

Lucas Tam's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Wavey Dragon <WaveyDragon@dragons.aren't.real.com> wrote in
>> At this point it's hard to say who'll win out.
> I have a feeling blu-ray... just because computer users will opt for the
> format that stores the most data.

Yeah, however, it is not computer users who decide it. Its just been the
last year or so DVD burners have started catching on, where as DVD's
first came out in 1996. I think it'll be another 10 years before the
successor are as common for data storage
!