VA503+ with ATX power supply in AT case???

mort

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Can anybody tell me how to connect an FIC VA503+ to an ATX power supply
in an AT case?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I've done that. Basically what you need is a replacement power switch
that will connect to the motherboard instead of to the power supply.
You can get them at Directron for a whole $1.00:

http://www.directron.com/switchat.html

Aside from that, the rest is pretty straightforward. Put the ATX power
supply in the AT's place (make sure it will fit), plug it into the ATX
power connector on the motherboard, and change the AT/ATX power jumper
on the motherboard. You should be good to go.

--Alex

mort wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to connect an FIC VA503+ to an ATX power supply
> in an AT case?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I think that's the wrong switch Alex, but I'm certain the right switch
can be found somewhere.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Alex Zorrilla" <apz@zxeng.com> wrote in message
| I've done that. Basically what you need is a replacement power
switch
| that will connect to the motherboard instead of to the power supply.
| You can get them at Directron for a whole $1.00:
|
| http://www.directron.com/switchat.html
|
| Aside from that, the rest is pretty straightforward. Put the ATX
power
| supply in the AT's place (make sure it will fit), plug it into the
ATX
| power connector on the motherboard, and change the AT/ATX power
jumper
| on the motherboard. You should be good to go.
|
| --Alex
|

| mort wrote:
| > Can anybody tell me how to connect an FIC VA503+ to an ATX power
supply
| > in an AT case?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

In article <38t1hrF5t9ggcU1@individual.net>, Kylesb <me@privacy.net>
writes
>I think that's the wrong switch Alex, but I'm certain the right switch
>can be found somewhere.

When I did this with my 503+ I used the Reset switch from the AT case as
the power switch for the ATX PSU. Worked fine.
--
Roger Hunt

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Ack!!!!! You're right, that was the wrong link. No wonder it was so
cheap. Sorry about that.

Actually, here is a link to a proper ATX power switch for auction now on
EBay. I am not sure how long this page will still be available, so take
a look at it while you can:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3670&item=6749217342&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

Not to worry, though. There are several for sale. Just go to EBay and
do a search for "ATX power switch". That's how I found this one.

--Alex

Kylesb wrote:
> I think that's the wrong switch Alex, but I'm certain the right switch
> can be found somewhere.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

As the other guys have already said, it's very easy. You just have to get a
new power switch that is just a momentary contact single pole single throw
switch with a 2 wire connector to connect to the motherboard RPW_SW (remote
power switch) header, and connect the ATX power supply just as you would in
an ATX case. Also, make sure you set the PWR jumper (at the back of the
board, right in the middle) to ATX (2-3).
Robert
"mort" <mort_88@att.net> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me how to connect an FIC VA503+ to an ATX power supply in
> an AT case?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

I was at Fry's last night. I saw one of these for $2.99.

On 3/10/05 4:30 PM, Alex Zorrilla wrote:

> I was at Fry's last night. I saw one of these for $2.99.

Great! A store I can drive to. And I was wondering if they'd have such a
switch. Thanks for the tip.