multiple monitors option

just bought a monitor spliter cable to connect a second monitor because I was
told this should work having only one plug for monitor. but in control panels
display settings I cannot find the option for second monitor because when I
installed XP I didn't think I would get another monitor and therefore
deselected this option. Now I don't know how I can reactivate this option
even though I reinserted XP CD! (Or do I need two separate plugs on my
computer anyway?) my email is clasgtr@hotmail.com

You either have to have 2 separate video cards or a single card with two
video out connectors. A splitter only sends the same video signal to two
monitors. You won't be able to send individual images to then with a
splitter.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft