problems with the card reader

I have a computer with several memory card readers already installed in the
front (compact flash, smart media, Sony). Unfortunately, my young brother
removed one card without ejecting it first, he says because it was not
working!
Now I cannot access any of the readers and they have disappeared from My
Computer. I have windows XP.
Can you help me? Can I re-install them and how?
Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about problems card reader

    /JVA/ said:

    > I have a computer with several memory card readers already installed in the
    > front (compact flash, smart media, Sony). Unfortunately, my young brother
    > removed one card without ejecting it first, he says because it was not
    > working!
    > Now I cannot access any of the readers and they have disappeared from My
    > Computer. I have windows XP.
    > Can you help me? Can I re-install them and how?

    You rebooted?

    --
    For most XP answers and tweaks...
    http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

    Yes I rebooted several times. I went to bed and 24 hours later when I started
    the computer the problem was solved!

    "dev" wrote:

    > /JVA/ said:
    >
    > > I have a computer with several memory card readers already installed in the
    > > front (compact flash, smart media, Sony). Unfortunately, my young brother
    > > removed one card without ejecting it first, he says because it was not
    > > working!
    > > Now I cannot access any of the readers and they have disappeared from My
    > > Computer. I have windows XP.
    > > Can you help me? Can I re-install them and how?
    >
    > You rebooted?
    >
    > --
    > For most XP answers and tweaks...
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm