Julie

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,alt.windows-w2k,microsoft.public.win98.fat32,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello,

I'd like to know, if I have a NTFS partition with files associated to a
user, let says JOHN123.
What happen if I plug that harddrive on another computer. Will I be able to
get acces to my files?
Do I have to create an JOHN123 account on the other computer? Is it just
possible to acces the
files?

Any help is very welcome!

Regards,

Juile

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.fat32,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

What system are you using? When you cross post between Win98, XP and W2K
newsgroups, it is impossible to give you a specific answer. If you are
using other than W98, post in the appropriate system's newsgroup.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Julie" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know, if I have a NTFS partition with files associated to a
> user, let says JOHN123.
> What happen if I plug that harddrive on another computer. Will I be able
> get acces to my files?
> Do I have to create an JOHN123 account on the other computer? Is it just
> possible to acces the
> files?
>
> Any help is very welcome!
>
> Regards,
>
> Juile

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,alt.windows-w2k,microsoft.public.win98.fat32,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Taking Ownership may help, #9 on this link:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/adsecurity.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Julie" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know, if I have a NTFS partition with files associated
> to a
> user, let says JOHN123.
> What happen if I plug that harddrive on another computer. Will I be
> able to
> get acces to my files?
> Do I have to create an JOHN123 account on the other computer? Is it
> just
> possible to acces the
> files?
>
> Any help is very welcome!
>
> Regards,
>
> Juile

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,alt.windows-w2k,microsoft.public.win98.fat32,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If you encrypted those folders, the answer is no. Otherwise you should be able
to access them with the proper permissions.