AGP bus disabled

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

After installing a new hard drive and windows XP with a ATI9800 video
card, I noticed I was no longer able to set the AGP speed in the video card
display settings. DXDIAG shows 'AGP texture acceleration not available' and
Sandra2004 shows 'AGP Bus disabled'. I had reinstalled the 8INXP MB chipset
and the Bios menu shows AGP enabled. I'm somewhat baffled to say the least.
Any suggestions?

John

"John Fitzpatrick" <jfitzpa@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<iSIac.70679$Oo5.48541@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> After installing a new hard drive and windows XP with a ATI9800 video
> card, I noticed I was no longer able to set the AGP speed in the video card
> display settings. DXDIAG shows 'AGP texture acceleration not available' and
> Sandra2004 shows 'AGP Bus disabled'. I had reinstalled the 8INXP MB chipset
> and the Bios menu shows AGP enabled. I'm somewhat baffled to say the least.
> Any suggestions?
>
> John

First download the registry cleaner utility.
Secong get Powerstrip utility.
Also download the Wcpuid utility at www.h-oda.com. Run this utility,
choose chipset info fro the view menu and it will show if agp is
enabled by hardware.
If it isnt then the problem is hardware and cant tell you what to do.
If it says AGP is enabled then the problem is that it isnt software
enabled, and you can do the following:
Get Powerstrip install it and run it. This program will give you an
easy way to correct the problem.It gives you the options to
enable/disable AGP by software choose agp speed,and correct software
conflicts.
if Powerstrip fails then try this:
Remove the graphics drivers,Ati control panel also, reboot,if winxp
found new hardware(the ati graphics card) choose cancel. Using
registry cleaner clear all registry entries made by Ati.
Then reinstall the mobo drivers(be sure the drivers to be the latest)
and reboot.
Now install graphics driver(not control panel),reboot and run dxdiag.
It should report everything fine. Then instal Ati control panel.

TRENDING THREADS