Documentataion on BIOS upgrades

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2004 8:52:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Where can I get more info about what changes a particular Gigabyte
BIOS upgrade contains?

For my GA-6BXE I see that version F2 adds support for 75 GB. I
want to know more about the "75 GB limit"

But this does not seem right as BIOS addressing changes are usually
to overcme the 137 GB limit or the 8.4 GB limit.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_G...

Are there more documents about the Giagbyte BIOS changes? Does any
one have this info?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2004 12:57:43 AM

Mark M wrote:
> Where can I get more info about what changes a particular Gigabyte
> BIOS upgrade contains?
>
> For my GA-6BXE I see that version F2 adds support for 75 GB. I
> want to know more about the "75 GB limit"
>
> But this does not seem right as BIOS addressing changes are usually
> to overcme the 137 GB limit or the 8.4 GB limit.
>
> http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_G...
>
> Are there more documents about the Giagbyte BIOS changes? Does any
> one have this info?

The F3a beta BIOS may support 48-bit LBA, although I can find no
documentation.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_G...
!