Drag and drop files onto CD writer

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I can not get the record tab to show when I right click on the cd drive in my
computer view and select properties. I know that if the folder view is set
to show clasic folder view it will not show. I have toggled that selection
back and forth and nothing allows the record tab to appear. I believe that
unless I can access that function I can not set my system to let me drag and
drop files directly on the drive to copy them. I am forced to open another
program such as record now or similar programs like CD creator.

What am I missing that prevents me from setting this up the way I want it to
work?

peter

I believe you need UDF packet writing software for this to work.
There are various ones available.....Nero's INCD being one of them
peter
>I can not get the record tab to show when I right click on the cd drive in my
> computer view and select properties. I know that if the folder view is set
> to show clasic folder view it will not show. I have toggled that selection
> back and forth and nothing allows the record tab to appear. I believe that
> unless I can access that function I can not set my system to let me drag and
> drop files directly on the drive to copy them. I am forced to open another
> program such as record now or similar programs like CD creator.
>
> What am I missing that prevents me from setting this up the way I want it to
> work?

Thanks for your response but I don't think that is the problem. I can write
to the disk if I use record now or any other software with cd writing
cabability. I just got off of the phone with an HP representative and he
said that even thought my computer is only a year and a half old that the
record function is probably not supported for the drive sent with the
computer. Needless to say this does not make my happy.