GA-7N400 PRO2 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh The Crazy World Of Arth..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

XP 2500+

CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C

Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C

Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success.

Anyone else having temperature problems with this board?

Never had temps like this on my old Epox 8kta3+ board with the Athlon 1.2.
4 answers Last reply
More about 7n400 pro2 aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh crazy world arth
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:59:05 +0100, "Stuart Cowan"
    <stuart.cowan@lineone.net> wrote:

    >XP 2500+
    >
    >CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C
    >
    >Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C
    >
    >Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success.
    >
    >Anyone else having temperature problems with this board?
    >
    >Never had temps like this on my old Epox 8kta3+ board with the Athlon 1.2.

    Mine (a 2500+ @ 3200+ (FSB=200)) is running 69-70C and HAS BEEN
    running at this for MONTHS now.

    ***NOT*** a problem. AMD says 85C is when you shoud start worrying.

    *I* don't try to second-guess AMD and *I* don't worry about it.

    WHY do you CARE???? I don't; it runs just fine - you've prob. spent
    more on HeatSinks than you would have spent if you would have had to
    replace the CPU.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    Check CPU .. overheating??

    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte it seems to be a software fault in
    Gigabyte boards.

    "Stuart Cowan" <stuart.cowan@lineone.net> wrote in message

    XP 2500+

    CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C

    Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C

    Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success.

    Anyone else having temperature problems with this board?

    Never had temps like this on my old Epox 8kta3+ board with the Athlon 1.2.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    "Stuart Cowan" <stuart.cowan@lineone.net> wrote in message

    > XP 2500+
    >
    > CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C
    >
    > Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C
    >
    > Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success.
    >
    > Anyone else having temperature problems with this board?
    >
    > Never had temps like this on my old Epox 8kta3+ board with the Athlon 1.2.

    Fire you say......Get out the toasting fork
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    "Ian" <Pish@pish.pish> wrote in message news:408eb282@news.greennet.net...

    > "Stuart Cowan" <stuart.cowan@lineone.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > XP 2500+
    > >
    > > CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C
    > >
    > > Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C
    > >
    > > Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success.
    > >
    > > Anyone else having temperature problems with this board?
    > >
    > > Never had temps like this on my old Epox 8kta3+ board with the Athlon
    1.2.

    > Fire you say......Get out the toasting fork

    Aye

Gigabyte Windows XP Motherboards