Unknow USB Device

I have being using this external USB CD rom but I just plugged the device and
I was given a message that UNKOWN USB device that no driver was installed I
moved to another system with windows XP the problem persist I would like to
know if there is any way out.

Jay Jay Heavens
4 answers Last reply
More about unknow device

    "Jay Jay Heavens" <Jay Jay Heavens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:6FFBFB86-A97C-4413-A2BF-AA274EA5B857@microsoft.com...
    >I have being using this external USB CD rom but I just plugged the
    >device and
    > I was given a message that UNKOWN USB device that no driver was
    > installed I
    > moved to another system with windows XP the problem persist I would
    > like to
    > know if there is any way out.
    >
    > Jay Jay Heavens

    You mean to say the you used it on Win9x and now it does not work? Go
    to the drive vendor and download a Win XP driver. Install the driver
    without the drive connected.

    Where did you get Windows 9x from? Anyways, it could be that the
    chipset (motherboard) drivers are not installed or up to date. It could
    also be that the controller card inside the external casing is not
    natively supported (which would be quite odd but possible). Make sure
    you have the chipset drivers installed and if necessary, you may need to
    check for drivers for the external drive from the manufacturer.

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Quaoar wrote:
    > "Jay Jay Heavens" <Jay Jay Heavens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:6FFBFB86-A97C-4413-A2BF-AA274EA5B857@microsoft.com...
    >
    >>I have being using this external USB CD rom but I just plugged the
    >>device and
    >>I was given a message that UNKOWN USB device that no driver was
    >>installed I
    >>moved to another system with windows XP the problem persist I would
    >>like to
    >>know if there is any way out.
    >>
    >>Jay Jay Heavens
    >

    > You mean to say the you used it on Win9x and now it does not work? Go
    > to the drive vendor and download a Win XP driver. Install the driver
    > without the drive connected.

  3. i need a mron web cam driver i cnnt find it aniwhr plz i need it urgnt help me out
  4. Necropost!

USB Devices Microsoft Windows XP