2 Intel Mobo's: D865GBFL & D865GBF

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to why I am unable to find
any info on Intel.com site regarding D865GBFL mobo.

D865GBF is on the website and I found the specs very similar to the GBFL.
The only difference is the GBFL has a 10/100 connection and the other does
not.

I would like to buy the D865GBFL, but am not sure since it does not indicate
on any memory website that RAM is available for this mobo. I am willing to
bet that these both mobo's are indentical and the RAM for the GBF would work
for the GBFL as well. If that is the case, that is bad on Intel's part,
because it does not say anything that GBFL is related to GBF. However, there
is a slight indication when you look up the D865GBF and it says it supports
a "gigabit ethernet" connection. But it does not mention anything about
D865GBFL.

Anyone know anything about this?
3 answers Last reply
More about intel mobo d865gbfl d865gbf

    They ARE identical, except for the LAN connection being
    built-in. All other details, from the BIOS, RAM, board
    layout are the same.

    "Jack Carlson" <jack@email.com> wrote in message
    | Hello,
    |
    | I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to why I am
    unable to find
    | any info on Intel.com site regarding D865GBFL mobo.
    |
    | D865GBF is on the website and I found the specs very
    similar to the GBFL.
    | The only difference is the GBFL has a 10/100 connection
    and the other does
    | not.
    |
    | I would like to buy the D865GBFL, but am not sure since it
    does not indicate
    | on any memory website that RAM is available for this mobo.
    I am willing to
    | bet that these both mobo's are indentical and the RAM for
    the GBF would work
    | for the GBFL as well. If that is the case, that is bad on
    Intel's part,
    | because it does not say anything that GBFL is related to
    GBF. However, there
    | is a slight indication when you look up the D865GBF and it
    says it supports
    | a "gigabit ethernet" connection. But it does not mention
    anything about
    | D865GBFL.
    |
    | Anyone know anything about this?

    "Jack Carlson" <jack@email.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to why I am unable to find
    > any info on Intel.com site regarding D865GBFL mobo.
    >
    > D865GBF is on the website and I found the specs very similar to the GBFL.
    > The only difference is the GBFL has a 10/100 connection and the other does
    > not.
    >
    > I would like to buy the D865GBFL, but am not sure since it does not
    > indicate
    > on any memory website that RAM is available for this mobo. I am willing to
    > bet that these both mobo's are indentical and the RAM for the GBF would
    > work
    > for the GBFL as well. If that is the case, that is bad on Intel's part,
    > because it does not say anything that GBFL is related to GBF. However,
    > there
    > is a slight indication when you look up the D865GBF and it says it
    > supports
    > a "gigabit ethernet" connection. But it does not mention anything about
    > D865GBFL.

    Hi Jack,

    As Jim Macklin has said, the only difference is the onboard LAN. The correct
    name for the board is D865GBF - the order-code "D865GBFL" that you may see
    on suppliers' pricelists simply means "D865GBF, LAN variant".

    Ergo, if you buy a D865GBFL board, it will have Intel Pro/100 onboard 10/100
    LAN. For the record, the board is also available with onboard Gigabit LAN -
    strictly speaking, the order-code for that variant would normally be
    "D865GBFLK", the "K" denoting Gigabit.

    All the drivers, BIOS files, and documentation for the board - whichever
    variant you buy - can be found here:

    http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf

    As for memory, the board takes DDR 400 or 333 non-ECC modules. For maximum
    performance, install matched pairs (e.g two 256MB modules rather than a
    single 512MB module) - this allows the 865G chipset to run in "dual channel"
    memory mode. Whenever I've built systems using Intel motherboards, I've
    always bought memory from Crucial (www.crucial.com) and found that it works
    just fine.

    Hope this helps - post back if you have further questions.

    --
    regards,
    David Hollway [MVP, Windows Networking]

    Thanks a lot. This helps out tremendously.

    "David Hollway [MVP]" <tNhOrSePaApM@angelfire.NOCAPITALS.com> wrote in
    message news:417ac730$0$10935$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Intel Windows XP