Frustrated with GA-8IK1100 performance....HELP!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Guys,

I've about had it with my choice in buying this motherboard. Either it stinks
(which I don't think), is defective (possible) or I've goofed something.

It has never felt any faster than my Athlon XP 1800+ system with 512k RAM and a
Radeon 8500.

I now have this board with a Radeon 9800 Pro and 1GB of Kingston RAM (I forgot
the speed but it was fast when I ordered it 6 months ago, and was model KVM400
or something like that.) The processor is a retail P4 2.8GHz.

Anyway, things have felt sluggish so I just ran 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2003 and
the results are horrible for this setup. They were 9478 and 2048 respectively.
Something is NOT right and I've been looking for months to find the issue.

What could cause such poor performance? I should be seeing double those numbers
at least, especially on the 2003 3DMark.

I'm to a point where if I don't find the solution quickly, as in today, I'm
going to buy a new Socket 478 motherboard and just move everything over to it.

The only hardware of concern is the Kingston RAM as on the back of it there's a
sticker referring to it as "Value RAM" which doesn't make me feel very
confident about it. If anyone thinks this is the problem or possibly the
problem and the actual model number would help, I'll go into the system to get
it for verification.

ANY help would be appreciated. At this point I'm just pulling my hair out. The
BIOS seems to be set perfectly, XP has been re-installed several times with
performance checked right after installs... Nothing is really cutting through
this problem.

If you reply via e-mail, please e-mail me at agrajag at comcast.net

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Did you install Intel Aplication Acellerator?

TRENDING THREADS