Gigabyte tech support and old products

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
it.

Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
boards come with lifetime support.)

After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
products?
7 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte tech support products
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    Piotr Makley wrote:
    > My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
    > have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
    > it.
    >
    > Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
    > boards come with lifetime support.)
    >
    > After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
    > products?

    I'm not sure what Gigabyte's support is on the older or discontinued
    products. I've tried contacting support back when my BX boards were still
    current, and didn't get an answer.

    How about you post your questions here in the newsgroups - there's several
    people (myself included) who are somewhat familiar with the older BX boards.

    Regards,
    Bob

    2 6BXE's and a 6BX7+ currently in use, and a 6BXC sitting in a box.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    contact gigabyte and find out make sure your question is not answered in the
    manual!

    Wayne

    "Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message
    > My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
    > have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
    > it.
    >
    > Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
    > boards come with lifetime support.)
    >
    > After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
    > products?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    Hello,
    Gigabyte makes great mobo's, with lots of features. Use them myself.
    As far as support is concerned, forget it.
    You've got to solve any problems yourself. If you don't know how, don't by
    Gigabyte mobo's
    Regards, Boudewijn

    "Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message
    > My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
    > have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
    > it.
    >
    > Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
    > boards come with lifetime support.)
    >
    > After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
    > products?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    Hello,
    Gigabyte makes great mobo's, with lots of features. Use them myself.
    As far as support is concerned, forget it.
    You've got to solve any problems yourself. If you don't know how, don't by
    Gigabyte mobo's
    Regards, Boudewijn

    "Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message
    > My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
    > have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
    > it.
    >
    > Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
    > boards come with lifetime support.)
    >
    > After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
    > products?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:26:25 +0100, Piotr Makley wrote:

    >My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
    >have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
    >it.
    >
    >Are they right to refuse to help?

    This may be different in different countries, but usually the dealer is the
    only one legally obliged to help you, and only for a limited period of time.
    The fact that it has become customary for hardware vendors to provide
    end-user support via the Internet doesn't mean that it's something they have
    to do, and certainly not for phased-out products.
    --
    Best regards,
    Henrik Dissing

    (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Piotr Makley <pmakley@mail.com> wrote:
    >After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
    >products?

    I have good experiences with igabyte support. I flashed my board bios
    and soething went wrong. So t did not boot anymore. Then I took the
    bios chip out of the socket, send it to gigabyte germany with 20DM
    cash and got it back with new bios flashed 3 days later.
    The new Online tech support answered to my questions always within 24
    hours (used it 4 times).

    Moritz

Gigabyte Support Products Motherboards