Gigabyte tech support and old products

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
it.

Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
boards come with lifetime support.)

After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
products?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Piotr Makley wrote:
> My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
> have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
> it.
>
> Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
> boards come with lifetime support.)
>
> After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
> products?

I'm not sure what Gigabyte's support is on the older or discontinued
products. I've tried contacting support back when my BX boards were still
current, and didn't get an answer.

How about you post your questions here in the newsgroups - there's several
people (myself included) who are somewhat familiar with the older BX boards.

Regards,
Bob

2 6BXE's and a 6BX7+ currently in use, and a 6BXC sitting in a box.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

contact gigabyte and find out make sure your question is not answered in the
manual!

Wayne

"Piotr Makley" <pmakley@mail.com> wrote in message
> My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
> have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
> it.
>
> Are they right to refuse to help? (I am hoping that maybe the
> boards come with lifetime support.)
>
> After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
> products?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hello,
Gigabyte makes great mobo's, with lots of features. Use them myself.
As far as support is concerned, forget it.
You've got to solve any problems yourself. If you don't know how, don't by
Gigabyte mobo's
Regards, Boudewijn

On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:26:25 +0100, Piotr Makley wrote:

>My local Gigabyte tech support say they will not answer questions I
>have about a Gigabyte 440BX board because they no longer support
>it.
>
>Are they right to refuse to help?

This may be different in different countries, but usually the dealer is the
only one legally obliged to help you, and only for a limited period of time.
The fact that it has become customary for hardware vendors to provide
end-user support via the Internet doesn't mean that it's something they have
to do, and certainly not for phased-out products.
--
Best regards,
Henrik Dissing

(e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Piotr Makley <pmakley@mail.com> wrote:
>After what period of time does Gigabyte no longer support its
>products?

I have good experiences with igabyte support. I flashed my board bios
and soething went wrong. So t did not boot anymore. Then I took the
bios chip out of the socket, send it to gigabyte germany with 20DM
cash and got it back with new bios flashed 3 days later.
The new Online tech support answered to my questions always within 24
hours (used it 4 times).

Moritz