Fatal BIOS upgrade failure

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I had BIOS version F2 on my GA-6VX7-4X motherboard
After flashing version F45 (using @BIOS), the system doesn't start-up
(not even a beep!)
What can I do to restore F2 version?
What have I done wrong?
Now even the ATX power suply is not responding.
I think I lost my motherboard.
Is there a recovery mechanism?
1 answer Last reply
More about fatal bios upgrade failure
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    "Uri Weiner" <uweiner@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > I had BIOS version F2 on my GA-6VX7-4X motherboard
    > After flashing version F45 (using @BIOS), the system doesn't start-up
    > (not even a beep!)
    > What can I do to restore F2 version?
    > What have I done wrong?
    > Now even the ATX power suply is not responding.
    > I think I lost my motherboard.
    > Is there a recovery mechanism?

    Unplug mains power cord, clear CMOS by moving jumper JP1 to position 2-3 for
    few seconds. Replug. If still no joy then you have a bigger problem. Some
    BIOSes have a boot block protection feature but I've never been able to get
    it to work. Only other way is to reprogram the EEPROM in a programmer or
    another working system by hot-swapping the BIOS chip. I've done that several
    times but its risky.

Gigabyte Data Recovery BIOS Motherboards