Fatal BIOS upgrade failure

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I had BIOS version F2 on my GA-6VX7-4X motherboard
After flashing version F45 (using @BIOS), the system doesn't start-up
(not even a beep!)
What can I do to restore F2 version?
What have I done wrong?
Now even the ATX power suply is not responding.
I think I lost my motherboard.
Is there a recovery mechanism?

"Uri Weiner" <uweiner@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I had BIOS version F2 on my GA-6VX7-4X motherboard
> After flashing version F45 (using @BIOS), the system doesn't start-up
> (not even a beep!)
> What can I do to restore F2 version?
> What have I done wrong?
> Now even the ATX power suply is not responding.
> I think I lost my motherboard.
> Is there a recovery mechanism?

Unplug mains power cord, clear CMOS by moving jumper JP1 to position 2-3 for
few seconds. Replug. If still no joy then you have a bigger problem. Some
BIOSes have a boot block protection feature but I've never been able to get
it to work. Only other way is to reprogram the EEPROM in a programmer or
another working system by hot-swapping the BIOS chip. I've done that several
times but its risky.