Samsung x427

I'll be leaving Cingular since I now get a free Nextel through my job.
I have a Samsung x427 that I would like to sell on eBay after I move
my number to the Nextel.

What do I need to do to sell this phone? Can I wipe it clean or should
that be done at a Cingular store? Is it safe to sell the SIM card with
the phone or should I take it out?

Thanks for any help!
GNG

Cingular digitally "locks" their phones. You'll need to "unlock" it before
it will be of use to anyone else. Look into cell phone hacking. I'd take the
SIM card out if I were you, the new GSM service provider will have their own
SIM card that (most) will install into unlocked phones for a fee ($20-$40),
T-Moble did this for one of my family members anyway.

-Jeremy

In article <wi2Hc.23201$W6.14930@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
"Jeremy Deats'" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote:

> Cingular digitally "locks" their phones. You'll need to "unlock" it before
> it will be of use to anyone else. Look into cell phone hacking. I'd take the
> SIM card out if I were you, the new GSM service provider will have their own
> SIM card that (most) will install into unlocked phones for a fee ($20-$40),
> T-Moble did this for one of my family members anyway.
>
> -Jeremy

It's AT&T Wireless that locks their phones. Cingular does not.

"mld1371" <md1371@aol.com> wrote in message
> wrong
Back to the original, how do I remove my name and number from the phone.

Everything I've read here says if it's a Cingular phone, just pop your
Cingular sim in it and you're in business. Can I get further clarifaction on
this, I have one for sale also.

I just bought a new V400 from a person on ebay, poped my sim in and started
talking.

bamp

"Jeremy Deats'" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote in message
| Cingular digitally "locks" their phones. You'll need to "unlock" it before
| it will be of use to anyone else. Look into cell phone hacking. I'd take
the
| SIM card out if I were you, the new GSM service provider will have their
own
| SIM card that (most) will install into unlocked phones for a fee
($20-$40),
| T-Moble did this for one of my family members anyway.

The phone doesn't need to be unlocked before anyone else can use it. If it
is locked, it would have to be unlocked before it was used on another
carrier. You can put any Cingular SIM in a Cingular locked phone, and it
will work on Cingular's system.

V400 Unlocked from cingular already

"mld1371" <md1371@usa.com> wrote in message
> V400 Unlocked from cingular already
>
> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
> >
> > "mld1371" <md1371@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > wrong
> > Back to the original, how do I remove my name and number from the phone.
> >
> > Everything I've read here says if it's a Cingular phone, just pop your
> > Cingular sim in it and you're in business. Can I get further
clarifaction
> on
> > this, I have one for sale also.
> >
> > I just bought a new V400 from a person on ebay, poped my sim in and
> started
> > talking.
> >
> > bamp

I just pulled the sim from my V400 & popped it in my wife's Cingular x427
and started talking.
Both sims are on Cingular.

bamp

| I just pulled the sim from my V400 & popped it in my wife's Cingular x427
| and started talking.
| Both sims are on Cingular.

That's a good point of GSM <wink>. Just swap the SIM and go.

>I just pulled the sim from my V400 & popped it in my wife's Cingular x427
>and started talking.
>Both sims are on Cingular.

That's how it is supposed to work.

a SIM is a great device!

--
John S.

Jason Cothran <reply@board.nomail> wrote:

> That's a good point of GSM <wink>. Just swap the SIM and go.

I find it rather a pain that cingular disabled so many functions in the
Nokia 3600. I can't copy contacts to or from my SIM. They have to be
entered by hand before they are saved to the SIM. No easy phonebook
tranfer for me....

I just put the SIM from my old Nokia 5190 into my new x427, and it's all
good. Both Cingular, BTW. How I ever went so long with that Nokia is a
mystery.

"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

> "mld1371" <md1371@usa.com> wrote in message
> > V400 Unlocked from cingular already
> >
> > "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "mld1371" <md1371@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Back to the original, how do I remove my name and number from the
phone.

> > > Everything I've read here says if it's a Cingular phone, just pop your
> > > Cingular sim in it and you're in business. Can I get further
> clarifaction
> > on
> > > this, I have one for sale also.
> > >
> > > I just bought a new V400 from a person on ebay, poped my sim in and
> > started
> > > talking.
> > >
> > > bamp
>
> I just pulled the sim from my V400 & popped it in my wife's Cingular x427
> and started talking.
> Both sims are on Cingular.
>
> bamp

johnson

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001

>From: Richie (mbc@pacbell.net)
>Subject: Samsung X427
>Original Format
>Newsgroups: alt.cellular.cingular
>Date: 2004-04-29 23:15:03 PST
>

>The Samsung X427 has Network Selection set to automatic. That default
>cannot be changed. Does anyone know how to get that feature selection

You cannot change the network selection. It is programmed into the
sim card. Maybe Cingular customer service can change it for you.