Who will be Romney VP pick

I agree, I think the VP pick is someone totally off the media radar.

I just hope he chooses someone staunchly conservative...

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Are you insane! West is a miserable hateful man attacking anyone who is a liberal with his bullshit remarks.Never will Romney choose him.

riser

Illustrious

Wow! He sounds perfect when you put him that way.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Let me turn to foreign policy. And Bill Kristol writing in The Weekly Standard this week, says, "We are reaching the time of consequence in our dealing with Iran on nuclear weapons." He says it is time for the President to go to the Congress and say, "I want you to authorize me to be able to use military force, if that becomes necessary. And he says if the President is not willing to do that, then the Congress should do it-- themselves. What's your take on that?

MITT ROMNEY: Well, I-- I can understand the reason for his-- his recommendation and his concern. I think he's recognized that this President has communicated in some respects that, well, he might even be more worried about Israel taking direct military action than he is about Iran becoming nuclear. That's the opinion of some who watch this. And so, he wants the President to take action that shows that a military-- excuse me, that a nuclear Iran is unacceptable. And I-- and I believe it's important for us to communicate that. I can assure you if I'm President, the Iranians will have no question but that I would be willing to take military action, if necessary, to prevent them from becoming a nuclear threat to the world. I-- I don't believe at this stage, therefore, if I'm President, that we need to have war powers approval or a special authorization for military force. The President has that capacity now. I understand that some in the Senate, for instance, have written letters to the President indicating you should know that-- that a-- a containment strategy is unacceptable. We cannot survive a-- a course of action which would include a nuclear Iran, and we must be willing to take any and all action, they must all-- all those actions must be on the table

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57454827/face-the-nation-transcripts-june-17-2012-gov-romney-senator-graham-gov-dean/?pageNum=3&tag=contentMain;contentBody

WHAT?! A liberal is saying that a black man making remarks about other black people is a racist?! WOW! Whodathunkit?! I thought the Liberal narrative was that black folks could say any hateful thing about other black folks and it was considered NOT racist.
I totally agree and I think you hit the nail on the head. The thing that Progressives hate more than conservatives is a successful minority conservative. We've heard the hateful rhetoric from the Progressives aimed at successful minorities, and at blacks inparticular. Progressives spew epithets like Uncle Tom, House Ni&&er, white man's pet, and so on at successful black conservatives because a successful black conservative goes completely against the Progressive paradigm. How can the Progressives claim the be the champions of social and racial justice for minorities when there are several successful minority conservatives in the public spotlight. So, rather than Progressives using a successful black conservatives as an example of how America enables the individual to achieve success, they have no choices but to diminish their success and achievements solely because a successful black conservative in America goes completely against the Progressive narrative. It's so ironic that the Progressives claim to be the champion of minority rights, but at the same time demean, diminish, and spew hatred at successful black conservatives.

I would pay BIG MONEY to see a debate between Thomas Sowell and any Liberal/Progressive on what the Progressives have achieved by championing the minority cause.

Thomas Sowell
“Liberals seem to assume that, if you don't believe in their particular political solutions, then you don't really care about the people that they claim to want to help”
“Racism does not have a good track record. It's been tried out for a long time and you'd think by now we'd want to put an end to it instead of putting it under new management.”
“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain”

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I wish I had known, I dont like him because he called all Democrats communists with a straight face, and maybe tortured a guy or two in his day.

If only I had known that that liberals were racist, HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME!

Dont generalize chunky everyone has their own opinion, even us racist liberals.....

Point here is, making things better for a person is the point, race doesnt matter.

Being a ble to disagree with a pol doesnt mean youre racist as well.
Too often this label is used, and people are branded.

As Ive said before, its time for us to condemn such people and such actions, and create a clean tent to reside in.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is correct his politics are putrid and his racial overtones match. Look what he said about Debbie Wasserman Schultz who is the head of the DCC. Pure disgusting!

You mean the DNC, not the DCC. And, any criticism given to Debbie Wasserman Schultz is well deserved and earned....

This is the same woman who...
If it were up to the candidates for president on the Republican side, we would be driving foreign cars. They would have let the auto industry in America go down the tubes.
...drives a Japanese car!

This is the same woman who...
President Obama is making the tough decisions to get our country going in the right direction, has taken our economy from job losses to 15 straight months of job gains, cut taxes 26 times, and focused like a laser on getting the middle class back on its feet...
...actually believes that the economy is getting better.

This is the same woman who strategized for the Democrats to recall Scott Walker in Wisconsin...
It's an election that I think is important nationally because Scott Walker is an example of how extreme the Tea Party has been when it comes to the policies that they have pushed the Republicans to adopt
...and how did that work out for the Democrats?

Finally, this is the same woman who believes that...
We must do a better job of clearly articulating our accomplishments to the American people.
...Democrats have failed to properly articulate their message to the voting public; but it is the Democrats that have lost seats in long held Democrat strongholds because they are properly communicating their message to the American people.

Sorry, but every time I hear Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the more and more I wonder about her ability to perceive reality.

Honestly, I am all for the ACA...no reason why a country like America with it's Billions in tax revenues can not provide some minimum of government supplied health care. As stated many times before, it's not a matter of revenue, it's a problem of over spending and misdirected priorities.

What I oppose and am upset about is the political shenanigans that made the ACA become law. I am a Constitutionalist and a "little r" republican, if our elected representatives want to implement government run health care and make it within the purview and regulatory control of government, there is an existing process to make that happen; Article Five of the Constitution. But our elected representatives have continued to fail their constituents and pass laws and regulations that are outside of Congressional purview and pervert the purpose and intent of the Constitution.

In my opinion, Congress passing and the SCOTUS upholding the ACA is just an continuation of the past 100 years of subverting the Constitution and another example of further destruction of the American republic. Might as well re-write the Constitution and change us from a Republic with a democratic process to a Social Democracy.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I guess you don't like to hear the truth about your party the GOP.