Mouse problems (choppy behaviour) after installing NVIDIA ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hello out there,

one more problem solved: Should you experience choppy and jumping
mouse movements on your GA-7DXR, it might be the graphic-card driver.
Here are my computer-details:

GA-7DXR (BIOS F9), ELSA Gladiac 511 MX (Geforce2), 256 MB DDR RAM, ...
Logitech Cordless Desktop Deluxe (inc. Optical Mouse)
Win2K SP 4

I've installed the newest nvidia driver 56.72 from their website and
since then my mouse behaved strange (choppy and jumping cursor, etc.)

Deinstalling nvidia driver and installing the newest (6.14.10.5664)
elsa-provided driver solved the problem.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck out there!

GoodEarth

RAJU

"GoodEarth" <goodearth@goodearth.de> wrote in message
> Hello out there,
>
> one more problem solved: Should you experience choppy and jumping
> mouse movements on your GA-7DXR, it might be the graphic-card driver.
> Here are my computer-details:
>
> GA-7DXR (BIOS F9), ELSA Gladiac 511 MX (Geforce2), 256 MB DDR RAM, ...
> Logitech Cordless Desktop Deluxe (inc. Optical Mouse)
> Win2K SP 4
>
> I've installed the newest nvidia driver 56.72 from their website and
> since then my mouse behaved strange (choppy and jumping cursor, etc.)
>
> Deinstalling nvidia driver and installing the newest (6.14.10.5664)
> elsa-provided driver solved the problem.
>
> Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> Good luck out there!
>
> GoodEarth

didnt experiance the mouse problem, but i lost some colours when i upgrated
on teh DXR- eg msn messenger had all 'green' people to say they are online
when they wernt, and a number of icons on my desktop had colours missing..
as soon as i went back to teh older drivers, all was fine...
raj