hank

I have developed a strange USB problem. Using WinXP Home / SP2.

Several times per day, the system 'loses' the mouse and keyboard. The USB
symbol pops up on the taskbar and I get an audible telling me 'something' has
been disconnected. But they are still connected firmly in the plug.

Anyone experience a USB hid dropout?

Hank wrote:
> I have developed a strange USB problem. Using WinXP Home / SP2.
>
> Several times per day, the system 'loses' the mouse and keyboard. The USB
> symbol pops up on the taskbar and I get an audible telling me 'something' has
> been disconnected. But they are still connected firmly in the plug.
>
> Anyone experience a USB hid dropout?

Yup

Go into Device Manager. Click on the plus next to Universal Serial Bus
controllers. For each USB Root Hub, click on Power Management and clear
the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

courtney sends....

hank

>> Anyone experience a USB hid dropout?

> Go into Device Manager. Click on the plus next to Universal Serial Bus
> controllers. For each USB Root Hub, click on Power Management and clear the
> box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Actually, I was headed to that very setting earlier today to do just that. Each
time
I'd get there, the mouse would freeze up again. I finally used one of those
green
usb/ps2 adaptors to regain control of the system. I've un-ticked all the you
mentioned
and will revert back to the usb port for the mouse and get back to you with
results.

Thanks!
Hank

"Hank" wrote:

> >> Anyone experience a USB hid dropout?
>
> > Go into Device Manager. Click on the plus next to Universal Serial Bus
> > controllers. For each USB Root Hub, click on Power Management and clear the
> > box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
>
> Actually, I was headed to that very setting earlier today to do just that. Each
> time
> I'd get there, the mouse would freeze up again. I finally used one of those
> green
> usb/ps2 adaptors to regain control of the system. I've un-ticked all the you
> mentioned
> and will revert back to the usb port for the mouse and get back to you with
> results.
>
> Thanks!
> Hank
>
> Just joined looking forward to solving irritating problems with XP. I installed SP2 and now my USBS are all disconnected.But what is a green ps2 adapter?

Thanks,
jameshen