Gigabyte USB Converter?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Anybody know of an easy way to convert from the Gigabyte pin pattern
to Intel? It seems like there ought to be a gigabyte/female to
USB/male adapter out there, but I can't find it/

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Move the pins in the connector to where you want them. I had to do that on an
Antec case because they were wrong.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I've got an Antec case, but the cable connector to the front USB is
fixed in the Intel format. I was hoping to do this without soldering.

On 20 Jun 2004 15:13:34 GMT, leebos@aol.com (LeeBos) wrote:

>Move the pins in the connector to where you want them. I had to do that on an
>Antec case because they were wrong.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

You can do it without soldering. There is a very small plastic tab that holds
the pins in the socket. I used a jewelers screwdriver to slightly raise the tab
so the wire with the pin socket attached coule be gently pulled out. Be careful
not to raise the tab too far or it could break. You can then reinsert the metal
sockets back into the proper hole in the plastic socket. They will lock in
place when inserted properly.

"LeeBos" <leebos@aol.com> wrote in message
> You can do it without soldering. There is a very small plastic tab that
holds
> the pins in the socket. I used a jewelers screwdriver to slightly raise
the tab
> so the wire with the pin socket attached coule be gently pulled out. Be
careful
> not to raise the tab too far or it could break. You can then reinsert the
metal
> sockets back into the proper hole in the plastic socket. They will lock in
> place when inserted properly.

You might be able to find some guides on how to do it using google. There
might even be pictures available.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."