A memory question about a ga-8iexp

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I currently have a GA-8IEXP mobo running 512 megs PC2100 ram. Since
my board has a 400/533 fsb shouldn't I get PC3200 ram if I want the
fastest ram my board can support without overclocking?

"vodka357" <me@here.net> wrote in message
> I currently have a GA-8IEXP mobo running 512 megs PC2100 ram. Since
> my board has a 400/533 fsb shouldn't I get PC3200 ram if I want the
> fastest ram my board can support without overclocking?

8IEXP cannot run memory faster than 2xFSB. So without overclocking its
266MHz max.
However, this mobo overclocks easily. My one runs 2.8GHz CPU at 3.5GHz,
PC2700 DDR at 334MHz, FSB is 167MHz.
http://www.octex.com/3g5-wcpuid.bmp

TRENDING THREADS