Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
fan?
http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg

On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
stamped on it.

"Harry Edwards" <Nobody@nowherebecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
> to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
> air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
> fan?
> http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg
>
> On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
> stamped on it.

www.maplin.co.uk 'White Box' 40mm 12VDC case fan. Part no. RY85G.

Just undo the four screws, remove the cover and replace and replace it. Make
sure that the screws are tight as they are just self-tappers that screw into
the fins on the heatsink and make sure it's the right way up (the arrow on
the body of the fan indicates the airflow which should be away from the
chip.

On mine, the header on the old one was 2 pin but the one on the replacement
was 3 pin so I connected it to the system fan header.

Ian

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Gigabyte should have replacement fans for people. If you email them they
will send you one for free, or they should. Just provide serial numbers and
proof of purchase etc.

"Ian James"
<lastname+firstinitial+c@nospamDOT-DOT-DOT.btinternotDOT-DOT-DOT.con> wrote
in message news:cgl2m3$542$1@titan.btinternet.com...

> "Harry Edwards" <Nobody@nowherebecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
>> The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
>> to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
>> air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
>> fan?
>> http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg
>>
>> On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
>> stamped on it.
>
> www.maplin.co.uk 'White Box' 40mm 12VDC case fan. Part no. RY85G.
>
> Just undo the four screws, remove the cover and replace and replace it.
> Make sure that the screws are tight as they are just self-tappers that
> screw into the fins on the heatsink and make sure it's the right way up
> (the arrow on the body of the fan indicates the airflow which should be
> away from the chip.
>
> On mine, the header on the old one was 2 pin but the one on the
> replacement was 3 pin so I connected it to the system fan header.
>
> Ian

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I just unpluged mine,and even i had my system overclocked. No problems what
so ever. DOUG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:29:25 -0400, Harry Edwards
<Nobody@nowherebecauseihatespam.com> wrote:

>The fan on the Northbridge is making a bussing sound... the only way
>to stop it is to give it a little tap. I tried blowing it out with
>air but that only works for a day. Is there a way I can replace the
>fan?
>http://www.hw.by/images/8IK1100/_board.jpg
>
>On the above link, the fan I'm referring to is the one with P4 Titan
>stamped on it.

Zalman make a passive heat sink that you can replace the Northbridge
with...
Glenn M

A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd