Gigabyte Came to the Party with my gripes and boot problems.

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2004 3:27:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
controllers..

Yes its a Very New Bios..

I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2004 3:27:03 AM

"Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message

> I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
> great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
> controllers..
>
> Yes its a Very New Bios..
>
> I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..

More info?...a new BIOS revision coming out?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 3:48:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:21:01 +0100, "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
>> great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
>> controllers..
>>
>> Yes its a Very New Bios..
>>
>> I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..
>
>More info?...a new BIOS revision coming out?

Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the very
latest ITE Bios etc..

I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB Stick,
it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 3:48:03 AM

news:p r43k0ddstpnf8ppej4ooq1f7gv9aaggi5@4ax.com...

> Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the
> very
> latest ITE Bios etc..
>
> I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB
> Stick,
> it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..

What motherboard do you have?, revision etc.
Also....will they also update the BIOS for the Intel RAID controller and the
Sil3112a controller???

When can we expect it?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 2:50:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:37:39 +0100, "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message
>news:p r43k0ddstpnf8ppej4ooq1f7gv9aaggi5@4ax.com...
>
>> Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the
>> very
>> latest ITE Bios etc..
>>
>> I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB
>> Stick,
>> it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..
>
>What motherboard do you have?, revision etc.

Does not matter, this Bios will cover a range of boards that use the ITE
controller chip.

>Also....will they also update the BIOS for the Intel RAID controller and the
>Sil3112a controller???
>
>When can we expect it?

When I can get back to Gigabyte and let them know the results, I have to wait
for there replies..

I am not using the other SATA devises and they do not show up at boot, so I
can't help on those..
!