Gigabyte Came to the Party with my gripes and boot problems.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
controllers..

Yes its a Very New Bios..

I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte party gripes boot problems
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    "Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message

    > I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
    > great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
    > controllers..
    >
    > Yes its a Very New Bios..
    >
    > I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..

    More info?...a new BIOS revision coming out?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:21:01 +0100, "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I will post the Full details when Gigabyte gets back to me, but it looks
    >> great for GA-8KNXP & GA-I875 Ultra Users, ones fitted with ITE Raid
    >> controllers..
    >>
    >> Yes its a Very New Bios..
    >>
    >> I have just tested it, and it looks very promising..
    >
    >More info?...a new BIOS revision coming out?

    Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the very
    latest ITE Bios etc..

    I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB Stick,
    it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    > Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the
    > very
    > latest ITE Bios etc..
    >
    > I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB
    > Stick,
    > it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..

    What motherboard do you have?, revision etc.
    Also....will they also update the BIOS for the Intel RAID controller and the
    Sil3112a controller???

    When can we expect it?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:37:39 +0100, "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Karen Parker" <kparker@xxxyahooxxx.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Well yes, and it lets you boot from any of the 4 hard drives, has the
    >> very
    >> latest ITE Bios etc..
    >>
    >> I loaded up my system with 4 HD (ITE Controller) a Zip Drive and a USB
    >> Stick,
    >> it lets you select the boot Priority of all these devices..
    >
    >What motherboard do you have?, revision etc.

    Does not matter, this Bios will cover a range of boards that use the ITE
    controller chip.

    >Also....will they also update the BIOS for the Intel RAID controller and the
    >Sil3112a controller???
    >
    >When can we expect it?

    When I can get back to Gigabyte and let them know the results, I have to wait
    for there replies..

    I am not using the other SATA devises and they do not show up at boot, so I
    can't help on those..

Gigabyte Boot Motherboards