Shane

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

i have amd64 3000 on a GA-K8VT800 board, i have two 512 pc3200 sticks
of ram and my machine ran fine for a couple of days then it starts
rebooting or shutting down randomly so i tried switching around the
sticks and then the system would get to the memory check and freeze, i
tried taking one out and leaving only one in and then when i power the
system on it doest boot all i get is the power light constantly
flashing and a constant beep. ive tried switching between the new
sticks and it still has the same problem. is there anything i can do
besides going out and spending money on a whole new board? ive been to
a few different boards and find that people have had similar problems
but i havent found any answers yet.

Shane wrote:

>i have amd64 3000 on a GA-K8VT800 board, i have two 512 pc3200 sticks
>of ram and my machine ran fine for a couple of days then it starts
>rebooting or shutting down randomly so i tried switching around the
>sticks and then the system would get to the memory check and freeze, i
>tried taking one out and leaving only one in and then when i power the
>system on it doest boot all i get is the power light constantly
>flashing and a constant beep. ive tried switching between the new
>sticks and it still has the same problem. is there anything i can do
>besides going out and spending money on a whole new board? ive been to
>a few different boards and find that people have had similar problems
>but i havent found any answers yet.

=============================
Hello Shane.

I bought 2 sticks of 512-PC3200 memory from a top reputation manufacturer. It
would not run stable at 200meg FSB. To be stable I had to reduce speed to
170-180meg. Tired of the constant crashes, I bought 2 sticks of Centon memory,
and to my surprise -- no more crashes. Not only that, the Centon seemed to
have plenty of reserve as I could increase the FSB easily past 200meg without
crashes.

Try reducing your FSB - you might have bought the same memory as I. If that
helps demand a replacement.

Hans.

Shane

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

i would try doing that but, one im still learing about all that stuff
so i dont know and two my computer wont even boot, i get a long beep
indicating memory falure so i cant even get into the bios anymore