Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

I have two hard drives one of which contains my back ups, can anyone tell he
how to lock access to this drive to adminstrator only passwords on WinXP Home
please.

"Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two hard drives one of which contains my back ups, can anyone tell
he
> how to lock access to this drive to adminstrator only passwords on WinXP
> please.

You won't be able to encrypt on Home, but perhaps the following URL
discussing folder permissions will help:

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/xpperm/xpPerm1.htm

HTH
-pk

Thank you for the information and URL. I have never seen a site with more
useful information. Again THANKS

"Test User" <test@dev.null> wrote in message
> "Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have two hard drives one of which contains my back ups, can anyone tell
> he
>> how to lock access to this drive to adminstrator only passwords on WinXP
>> please.
>
> You won't be able to encrypt on Home, but perhaps the following URL
> discussing folder permissions will help:
>
> http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/xpperm/xpPerm1.htm
>
> HTH
> -pk

---