Having 16 bit subsystem problem

I recieve this message in a 16 bit subsystem window when i try to install a
game onto my pc. the message is.....
C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and microsoft applications. Any help to resolve this problem so i can
install cd's(games) would be of great appreciation thanks.

thanks, jt

Hi

See if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> See if the following article helps:
>
> "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
> Program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "tampamang" <tampamang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recieve this message in a 16 bit subsystem window when i try to install a
> > game onto my pc. the message is.....
> > C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> > running
> > MS-DOS and microsoft applications. Any help to resolve this problem so i
> > can
> > install cd's(games) would be of great appreciation thanks.
> >

> > thanks, jt

Sorry about that..

Yes, I have tried article 324767 and am not a computer professional so
therefore got nowhere. The computer wouldn't accept the expand commands and I
still have the same problem. It looks like several people have the same
issue. I have run software that shows it is compatible with Windows XP and is
fairly new software but Windows XP still will not run it. Has Microsoft not
come up with an easy fix? This is driving me CRAZY!

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> See if the following article helps:
>
> "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
> Program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "tampamang" <tampamang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recieve this message in a 16 bit subsystem window when i try to install a
> > game onto my pc. the message is.....
> > C;\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> > running
> > MS-DOS and microsoft applications. Any help to resolve this problem so i
> > can
> > install cd's(games) would be of great appreciation thanks.
> >

> > thanks, jt

Hi JLFinegan,

Have a look at the information here:
MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod