I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
Thanks

The answer is on the AMD website

http://www.amd.com/us-en/

--
StringFellow Hawk

"Dom, give me turbos"

"Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
> maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
> Thanks

Thanks Jim & Stringfellow

90c is the answer. :)

"Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
> maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
> Thanks

Even though AMD has rated the CPU die to 90c, I hope you don't actually
allow it to get that hot. I personally start looking for better cooling
solutions if my CPU hits 60c. Processor life is tied to how gentle you treat
it. Letting it get hot to 70 or 80c for hours on end is asking for a short
processor lifespan.

> Thanks Jim & Stringfellow
>
> 90c is the answer. :)
>

> "Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
> > maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
> > Thanks

In addition to the other posts, there is no such thing as an Athlon2000.
You either have an Athlon, Duron, Sempron, AMD64, or FX. Never has been
anything called and Athlon2000.

Bobby

"Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
> maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
> Thanks

But be aware that 90C is the maximum _die_ temperature (the
temperature of the silicon chip itself). The "CPU temperature"
reported by the typical motherboard and/or motherboard monitoring
utility is measured directly underneath the CPU package, and is quite
a bit lower than the die temperature. Newer chips/utilities allow you
to monitor what is generally called the CPU diode temperature, which
is much closer to CPU die temperature. "Old-fashioned" CPU
temperatures above 60C would generally be deprecated.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:24:01 +1000, "Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks Jim & Stringfellow
>
>90c is the answer. :)
>

>"Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am running an AMD Athlon2000 processor and was wondering what is the
>> maximum temp I can safely run this processor at?
>> Thanks

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher