Problems with GA-5AX/5AXr4 & k6-2 550CPU & 2x64mbram+1x128..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2004 8:08:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hello,

ich have bought a pc with a ga-5ax mainboard, flashed the mainboard
bios etc. Now, i have Problems under windows 2000. The CPU ist full
strechted if i want to open some Programmes. And after the flashing,
windows 2000 will not loading correctly. I have changed some settings
in the bios, but it will not work correctly.

Do someone know the correct settings in the bios? Or have a good
manuall for this board.

I have 2 x 64Mb Pc100 Sdrams and a 128MB Sdram on the board. An Ati
Rage Pro graphic adapter with 8mb ram on a windows 2000 pro pc.

thank you

Harbiden Delicocuk
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2004 8:18:58 PM

"Harbiden Delicocuk" <delicocuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> ich have bought a pc with a ga-5ax mainboard, flashed the mainboard
> bios etc. Now, i have Problems under windows 2000. The CPU ist full
> strechted if i want to open some Programmes. And after the flashing,
> windows 2000 will not loading correctly. I have changed some settings
> in the bios, but it will not work correctly.

Try after flashing to F4 to select in the bios. Use Default settings, save
and exit and reboot. If windows 2000 loads up fine then you can reboot and
slowly change the settings to what you had them before.

I had a K6/2 500 on this motherboard work fine with Windows XP Pro. But I
had a better card as in a Voodoo 3 2000 (16mb).

> Do someone know the correct settings in the bios? Or have a good
> manuall for this board.

You can download the official manual from gigabytes website.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Manual/Manu...(Rev%205.2).htm

You need Acrobat reader to read or to print it out.

> I have 2 x 64Mb Pc100 Sdrams and a 128MB Sdram on the board. An Ati
> Rage Pro graphic adapter with 8mb ram on a windows 2000 pro pc.

Hmmm, I upgrade the graphics card as maybe it's not good enough to run 2000
while putting a lot of strain on the CPU itself. Maybe you get better
results if you get a old Radeon 7000 series card which would work on the GA5
I think... Not sure about AGP card's though for the motherboard. I know
the voodoo's work but they're hard to find now.

--
Skipai
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hello Skipai,

first thank you for your advices. My english ist not very good :-(

If i trying to watch a movie (vcd) with the programm Video Lan Client
(vlc version 7.0.2) the cpu usage goes up to 100% and the movie is
stopping. Earlier i had a k6-2 300 with a DFI Mainboard (ali mvp3
chipset) + Elsa Erazor 1 (4mb agp grafic adapter), and there was never
such problems. I think there is something wrong with the grafic card
or mainboard bios settings for the sdrams. I have 2x64mb sdrams from
the same manufacturer and a 128mb from another manufacturer.

I reseted the mainboard after flashing the bios to the default
settings, installed w2k, installed some programms and actual drivers.
After installing the ali agp chipsetdrivers the pc haven't restarted
w2k correctly. It has hanged during loading of w2k etc.

After that, i downloaded the manual from the homepage, but there was
no good information, because the bios settings explained to short, for
example they say there are 2 options, but do not explain the result of
the settings. So, i am searching for good manuals about the chipset
settings. For example: what means the "pipline" settings exactly or
the "agp .... size" etc.

I think, i should uninstall the 2 x 64 mb sdrams, and try with the
128mb sdram, maybe the sdrams don't work correctly together. At step
2, i will use a ati xpert 2000 pro grafic card adapter with 32mb
memory and so on..

Have you any other idea? Thank you

Harbiden Delicocuk

"Skipai Otter" <skipaiotter@fishbones.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<SH9fd.144$4k7.68@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>...
> "Harbiden Delicocuk" <delicocuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > ich have bought a pc with a ga-5ax mainboard, flashed the mainboard
> > bios etc. Now, i have Problems under windows 2000. The CPU ist full
> > strechted if i want to open some Programmes. And after the flashing,
> > windows 2000 will not loading correctly. I have changed some settings
> > in the bios, but it will not work correctly.
>
> Try after flashing to F4 to select in the bios. Use Default settings, save
> and exit and reboot. If windows 2000 loads up fine then you can reboot and
> slowly change the settings to what you had them before.
>
> I had a K6/2 500 on this motherboard work fine with Windows XP Pro. But I
> had a better card as in a Voodoo 3 2000 (16mb).
>
> > Do someone know the correct settings in the bios? Or have a good
> > manuall for this board.
>
> You can download the official manual from gigabytes website.
>
> http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Manual/Manu...(Rev%205.2).htm
>
> You need Acrobat reader to read or to print it out.
>
> > I have 2 x 64Mb Pc100 Sdrams and a 128MB Sdram on the board. An Ati
> > Rage Pro graphic adapter with 8mb ram on a windows 2000 pro pc.
>
> Hmmm, I upgrade the graphics card as maybe it's not good enough to run 2000
> while putting a lot of strain on the CPU itself. Maybe you get better
> results if you get a old Radeon 7000 series card which would work on the GA5
> I think... Not sure about AGP card's though for the motherboard. I know
> the voodoo's work but they're hard to find now.
April 26, 2012 6:49:27 PM

Popular tags:
sexy girl dancing clip
amateur teen naked pic free
brunette cum sex shot
free mature pics thumbs
hot naked girls web cam
teen anal movie
how to shot a big load of cum
teen sluts hot pics
cum mature milked
caught guy in naked public
erotic stories female domination
naked humiliated
helen chamberlain naked photos
male midget naked
young and sexy lyrics
blonde lesbian video
watch lesbian sex video
gay man muscular naked
erotic fantasy drawing
erotic massage nj ny
movie naked star video
naked woman clip
lesbian myspace.com site tit
sexy girls in overalls
wet teen sluts
teenage cheerleader naked
cheap lesbian dvd
kristen erotic archive
hot naked girls great tits
lesbian shay sweet
beautiful calendar find model topless
xxx asses
old sluts sucking young ****
asian by free gallery nude picture sexy tiava woman
b group lisa lopez pic r tlc topless
forced naked
free fat naked
vintage nude erotica