Every time i place a disc in the cd or the dvd and try to install the system
crashes and re-boots.
no error message just a re-boot.
I have replaced the mother board the memoey the ide cables and still it is
doing the same,
Anyone have any ides on how I might solve this issue.Thank you
deadmanwalking_01@hotmail.com

running XP Pro

Did you try disconnecting one of the drives? cd or dvd? Possibly a
failing power supply or under powered.
"caveman199" <caveman199@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time i place a disc in the cd or the dvd and try to install the
> system
> crashes and re-boots.
> no error message just a re-boot.
> I have replaced the mother board the memoey the ide cables and still it is
> doing the same,
> Anyone have any ides on how I might solve this issue.Thank you
> deadmanwalking_01@hotmail.com
>
> running XP Pro

I'm having exactly the same issue and I just replaced my power source. I do
get a blue screen, but it flashes by so quickly, I can't get an error number.
Also, the cd-dvd drive works in safe mode, just not in normal mode. Does
Windows store the details of a blue screen crash? I've looked at the event
logger, but it only records problems that don't involve a blue screen. Any
ideas? Thanks!!!

"caveman199" wrote:

> Every time i place a disc in the cd or the dvd and try to install the system
> crashes and re-boots.
> no error message just a re-boot.
> I have replaced the mother board the memoey the ide cables and still it is
> doing the same,
> Anyone have any ides on how I might solve this issue.Thank you
> deadmanwalking_01@hotmail.com
>
> running XP Pro

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I've been able to fix my crashes, which followed your pattern. It appears to
have been directly related to my installation of the Intervideo Disk Master
2.5. I would look at any of the software you have on your system that writes
to the drives and either remove it, or disable it (if possible) and see if
your system returns to normal.
Steve