Adding Network connector on a Gigabyte MB

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I bought a complete system containing a GA-7VTX Gigabyte motherboard
(Via KT266 AGPSet Chipset) a while back ago, and I never had broadband
connection until now... which is when I realize that network connector
is not present! Theres a black plastic over the hole.

I know the motherboard has a NIC on it, since I can do an 'ipconfig'
and I see a MAC address, but the connector where the cable would
normally plug into is not there! I must not have elected that option
at the time of purchase.

Has anyone had anyone run into this? What kind I do at this point --
buy a pci network card??

Ben

Ben Nguyen wrote:
> I bought a complete system containing a GA-7VTX Gigabyte motherboard
> (Via KT266 AGPSet Chipset) a while back ago, and I never had broadband
> connection until now... which is when I realize that network connector
> is not present! Theres a black plastic over the hole.
>
> I know the motherboard has a NIC on it, since I can do an 'ipconfig'
> and I see a MAC address, but the connector where the cable would
> normally plug into is not there! I must not have elected that option
> at the time of purchase.
>
> Has anyone had anyone run into this? What kind I do at this point --
> buy a pci network card??
>
> Ben
No it does not have a NIC:
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/ComparisonSheet_GA-7VTX.htm