computer restarts when a blank cd is inserted

October 27, 2004 12:47:02 AM

When I go to burn a cd or dvd I open the rom and insert a blank, when I close
the door my computer re-starts. How do I stop this. I have two burners and
they both do this. Please help.
October 27, 2004 3:27:03 AM

What you have to identify is if the problem is hardware or software.

Follow the steps below to try and pinpoint your problems.

You can beign by uninstalling any third party CD burning software such as
Roxio or whatever is on your system

Try using the Windows CD writing softwrae and see if all works OK.

Then if not OK uninstall the hardware from device manager and resrt the
computer. It will detect the hardware and reinstall the drivers.

Now try Windows CD writing sfwtare again. If it works then attempt to
install the current version of your 3rd Party writing application [only if
absolutely necessary].

If it doesn't work, physically disconnect one CD drive and the other.

If none of this helps; go to an expert and let them handle the problem.
It's hard to diagnose the problems via remote control such as this.

"shaggyphoto" wrote:

> When I go to burn a cd or dvd I open the rom and insert a blank, when I close
> the door my computer re-starts. How do I stop this. I have two burners and
> they both do this. Please help.
May 15, 2014 6:59:22 AM

My solution is enable Removable Storage service:

Start -> Run...
services.msc
right click on "Removable Storage" -> Properties
select Startup type: Automatic
start service
!