Memory Not Optimized error?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.

I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not sure
if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
settings are either).

Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've tried
2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.

Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?

Thanks

Peter Geddes

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

You need to install them in the same color dimm slots to get dual channel. You
are running in single channel mode thats why it's not opyomized.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I forgot to add that I've also tried putting the sticks in slots 1 & 2 but
all I get is beeps when switched on.

Ta.

"Peter Geddes" <p.geddes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
> displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.
>
> I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not
> sure
> if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
> settings are either).
>
> Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've
> tried
> 2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.
>
> Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
> 'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Geddes

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

"Peter Geddes" <p.geddes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
> displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.
>
> I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not
> sure
> if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
> settings are either).
>
> Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've
> tried
> 2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.
>
> Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
> 'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Geddes

You need F4 bios for the memory to function correct,mine would not even boot
with 2 dimms of memory untill i installed F4. Just leave it on auto for memory
settings untill you get it working stable before you change any timmings. The
dimms have to be in the same color slots for dual channel to work. DOUG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Thanks for the reply Doug.

I'm using F4 BIOS right now and the system is very stable. I haven't
changed the memory around under this BIOS and will see to the memory at the
weekend.

Thanks for the reply.

Peter Geddes

"Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message

> "Peter Geddes" <p.geddes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
>> displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.
>>
>> I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not
>> sure
>> if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
>> settings are either).
>>
>> Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've
>> tried
>> 2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.
>>
>> Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
>> 'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Peter Geddes
>
> You need F4 bios for the memory to function correct,mine would not even
> boot
> with 2 dimms of memory untill i installed F4. Just leave it on auto for
> memory
> settings untill you get it working stable before you change any timmings.
> The
> dimms have to be in the same color slots for dual channel to work. DOUG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Just tried the memory in slots 1 & 2 but all I get is system beeps. The
only way I can get the system to boot is with the sticks in slots 1 & 3.
Using the F4 BIOS.

Any ideas?

Thanks

> Thanks for the reply Doug.
>
> I'm using F4 BIOS right now and the system is very stable. I haven't
> changed the memory around under this BIOS and will see to the memory at
> the weekend.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Peter Geddes
>
> "Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter Geddes" <p.geddes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>>I have the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board with an AMD 64 3500+ CPU and on boot it
>>> displays the message 'Memory Not Optimised', CPU clock 200MHz.
>>>
>>> I'm using 2 * 512 Corsair XMS Pro (the ones with the LED's) and am not
>>> sure
>>> if i should set the memory timings manually (and I've no idea what the
>>> settings are either).
>>>
>>> Would like to use Dual channel. The sticks are in slots 1 & 3. I've
>>> tried
>>> 2 & 4, won't boot. Correct amount of memory is being shown.
>>>
>>> Incedently, in Windows (the System Properties to be exact), it says
>>> 'Physical Address Extension' What does that mean?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Peter Geddes
>>
>> You need F4 bios for the memory to function correct,mine would not even
>> boot
>> with 2 dimms of memory untill i installed F4. Just leave it on auto for
>> memory
>> settings untill you get it working stable before you change any timmings.
>> The
>> dimms have to be in the same color slots for dual channel to work. DOUG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Just tried the memory in slots 1 & 2 but all I get is system beeps. The
>only way I can get the system to boot is with the sticks in slots 1 & 3.
>Using the F4 BIOS.

Any ideas?

>Thanks

Channel 1 and 3 are not dual channel,they have to be in 1 and 2 or 3 and 4,to
get dual channel. Mine did the same thing untill i went to F4 bios. Have you
tried some different ram,what kind are you using. There is a new F6 bios you
might try on Gigabytes web site. You might try loading the default bios and
see what happens. Sounds like you have a memory compatability problem. DOUG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I've just installed the F6 BIOS and still the same. I'm using the Corsair
Memory with the activity LED's. 2 x 512MB sticks.

If put into slots 1 & 2, all I'm getting is beeps. Slots 3 & 4 are the
same. They are in slots 1 & 3 just now.

It's a bit annoying!!