7NF-RZ microphone not working

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I installed the drivers shipped with the mainboard. The microphone wasn't
not working. I installed the original nForce drivers - same. The microphone
is fine, checked on another PC. It is selected in Sound properties as the
recording device, volume is set to full level...

What's wrong? Are there another drivers that can fix this problem?
LS

"ukasz Szweda" wrote:
> I installed the drivers shipped with the mainboard. The
> microphone wasn't
> not working. I installed the original nForce drivers - same.
> The microphone
> is fine, checked on another PC. It is selected in Sound
> properties as the
> recording device, volume is set to full level...
>
> What's wrong? Are there another drivers that can fix this
> problem?
> LS

Hi, I’ve just had the same problem with my 7NF-RZ after installing
speech recognition software. It’s now working. Most microphone
headsets come with twin stereo plugs (one for the headphone and the
other for the mic) however my 7NF-RZ microphone socket won’t accept a
stereo plug. The mic started working after i attached a ’stereo to
mono’ adapter to it.

I thought this was just because the microphone socket was mono, but i
also had to do it when i installed an old PCI sound card to test. So
i’m putting it down to slightly incompatible m/b drivers... maybe.

Go buy a stereo to mono headphone adapter and give it a try and
alternate between ’Line In’ and ’Mic’ to see which works best with
your O/S. I’m also using the nVidia Audio drivers instead of the
AC97’s.
This is a great little M/B, but it can be fussy.

Cheers

P.S. Anyone who finds 100% compatible drivers, or alternative methods
to get it to work, please let us know

--
http://www.HardwareForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.HardwareForumz.com/Gigabyte-7NF-RZ-microphone-working-ftopict39999.html

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

> Hi, I’ve just had the same problem with my 7NF-RZ after installing
> speech recognition software. It’s now working. Most microphone
> headsets come with twin stereo plugs (one for the headphone and the
> other for the mic) however my 7NF-RZ microphone socket won’t accept a
> stereo plug. The mic started working after i attached a ’stereo to
> mono’ adapter to it.
>
> I thought this was just because the microphone socket was mono, but i
> also had to do it when i installed an old PCI sound card to test. So
> i’m putting it down to slightly incompatible m/b drivers... maybe.
>
> Go buy a stereo to mono headphone adapter and give it a try and
> alternate between ’Line In’ and ’Mic’ to see which works best with
> your O/S. I’m also using the nVidia Audio drivers instead of the
> AC97’s.

Thanx very much. I can't wait for the shops to open :)) I'll let you know
for sure if it worked.
I've tried about 4 different drivers, both nVidia and Realtec and none
worked. I began to wonder if it was a mic socket failure, but haven't got
time to return it for checking...

> This is a great little M/B, but it can be fussy.
I agree completely. Most of all I am pleased with the price of it. I
remember my previous m/b (GA-7VAXP), but it was 2x more expensive...

LS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

>> Hi, I’ve just had the same problem with my 7NF-RZ after installing
>> speech recognition software. It’s now working. Most microphone
>> headsets come with twin stereo plugs (one for the headphone and the
>> other for the mic) however my 7NF-RZ microphone socket won’t accept a
>> stereo plug. The mic started working after i attached a ’stereo to
>> mono’ adapter to it.
>>
>> I thought this was just because the microphone socket was mono, but i
>> also had to do it when i installed an old PCI sound card to test. So
>> i’m putting it down to slightly incompatible m/b drivers... maybe.
>>
>> Go buy a stereo to mono headphone adapter and give it a try and
>> alternate between ’Line In’ and ’Mic’ to see which works best with
>> your O/S. I’m also using the nVidia Audio drivers instead of the
>> AC97’s.
>
> Thanx very much. I can't wait for the shops to open :)) I'll let you know
> for sure if it worked.
> I've tried about 4 different drivers, both nVidia and Realtec and none
> worked. I began to wonder if it was a mic socket failure, but haven't got
> time to return it for checking...
>
>> This is a great little M/B, but it can be fussy.
> I agree completely. Most of all I am pleased with the price of it. I
> remember my previous m/b (GA-7VAXP), but it was 2x more expensive...
>
> LS

Unfortunately it didn't work :(( Neither AC97 nor nVidia... Neither Mic
input nor Line in...
Any other suggestions, anyone?

LS

"ukasz Szweda" wrote:
>  >> Hi, I’ve just had the same problem with my 7NF-RZ
> after installing
>  >> speech recognition software. It’s now working. Most
> microphone
>  >> headsets come with twin stereo plugs (one for the
> headphone and the
>  >> other for the mic) however my 7NF-RZ microphone
> socket won’t accept a
>  >> stereo plug. The mic started working after i attached
> a ’stereo to
>  >> mono’ adapter to it.
>  >>
>  >> I thought this was just because the microphone socket
> was mono, but i
>  >> also had to do it when i installed an old PCI sound
> card to test. So
>  >> i’m putting it down to slightly incompatible m/b
> drivers... maybe.
>  >>
>  >> Go buy a stereo to mono headphone adapter and give it
> a try and
>  >> alternate between ’Line In’ and ’Mic’ to see which
> works best with
>  >> your O/S. I’m also using the nVidia Audio drivers
> instead of the
>  >> AC97’s.
> >
> > Thanx very much. I can't wait for the shops to open :)) I'll
> let you know
> > for sure if it worked.
> > I've tried about 4 different drivers, both nVidia and
> Realtec and none
> > worked. I began to wonder if it was a mic socket failure,
> but haven't got
> > time to return it for checking...
> >
>  >> This is a great little M/B, but it can be fussy.
> > I agree completely. Most of all I am pleased with the price
> of it. I
> > remember my previous m/b (GA-7VAXP), but it was 2x more
> expensive...
> >
> > LS
>
> Unfortunately it didn't work :(( Neither AC97 nor nVidia...
> Neither Mic
> input nor Line in...
> Any other suggestions, anyone?
>
> LS

Thats wierd...

BTW, I’ve also just found a small fault with the mic socket. Sometimes
i have to wiggle the plug some to make contact with the socket
sometimes even having to hold it
It does work without the stereo to mono adapter, but the adapter makes
a better connection.
Not a driver problem after all

--
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.HardwareForumz.com/eform.php?p=199128